Pages (2): 1 2   
nijimeijer   03-22-2004, 11:22 AM
Finally saw this weird little movie. I think that if I'd watched it on hallucinogenics, I'd have been a little more . . . traumatized as opposed to entertained. Definitely an odd movie. Some of it worked, some of it didn't, and some that I thought didn't early on ended up working later in the film.

I suppose I recommend it, if only to have people say "The hell?" right along with me.

And for those who have seen it, any idea what was in that box?

Ish
jimbow8   03-22-2004, 12:21 PM
I saw it and I don't remember a box at all. I thought this movie was OK, but not as good as the other "horror flicks" that came out around the same time: Wrong Turn, 28 Days Later. This movie was lacking anything/anyone tangible to really be afraid of.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
nijimeijer   03-22-2004, 12:33 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I saw it and I don't remember a box at all. I thought this movie was OK, but not as good as the other "horror flicks" that came out around the same time: Wrong Turn, 28 Days Later. This movie was lacking anything/anyone tangible to really be afraid of.

To me, this film wasn't trying to be like the other "horror flicks" that came out at that time, but was trying, instead, to have that lighter, goofier touch to set itself apart. I actually liked it more than Wrong Turn, and at least as much as 28 Days Later (for varying reasons).

As for the box? A character in the movie (briefly in the movie) runs around carrying a box, which he vaguely refers to as "the kit" at one point. I just wonder . . .
APhew   03-22-2004, 01:16 PM
Pancakes!!!!!!
Animagess   03-22-2004, 05:48 PM
Didn't Peter Jackson love this movie? Does anyone know why that is?!

"You gotta tell everyone, Hatcher! Soylent green is PEOPLE!!"

My witty similes will spread across the world like creamy peanut butter.
Dave   03-23-2004, 10:20 AM
Animagess Wrote:Didn't Peter Jackson love this movie? Does anyone know why that is?!

Watch his earlier films (Bad Taste, Braindead (or whatever you guys called it)) and you'll see why he's a fan of the schlockfest.

Dave
jimbow8   03-23-2004, 10:21 AM
Dave Wrote:Watch his earlier films (Bad Taste, Braindead (or whatever you guys called it)) and you'll see why he's a fan of the schlockfest.

Dave
Dead Alive? Is that what you are talking about? It's in the mail to me from NetFlix.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
Lisa   03-23-2004, 12:25 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Dead Alive? Is that what you are talking about? It's in the mail to me from NetFlix.

Yeah, but make sure it's the unrated version and not the Rated R one.

Lisa
Marc   03-23-2004, 01:45 PM
Lisa Wrote:Yeah, but make sure it's the unrated version and not the Rated R one.

God bless the little rat-monkey. And pudding... "just like mum used to make!"
jimbow8   03-23-2004, 02:05 PM
Lisa Wrote:Yeah, but make sure it's the unrated version and not the Rated R one.

Lisa
Netflix:

Dead Alive (1992)[IMG] http://a408.g.akamai.net/f/408/1284/24h/...ing_NR.gif[/IMG] Not rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Big Grin

Thanks for the warning, though.

Pages (2): 1 2