Pages (12): 1 2 3 4 5 12   
bill1971   03-21-2009, 08:42 PM
I havent heard anything in a while. Is Ryan Reynolds still going to be Jack? Is it on schedule? I think Ryan could pull it off, is Paul behind the choice? If this was discussed recently I apologize, I must have missed it.
fpw   03-21-2009, 11:12 PM
bill1971 Wrote:I havent heard anything in a while. Is Ryan Reynolds still going to be Jack? Is it on schedule? I think Ryan could pull it off, is Paul behind the choice? If this was discussed recently I apologize, I must have missed it.
"On schedule?" There is no schedule. And...never mind.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
ccosborne3   03-22-2009, 02:01 AM
Sorry about that FPW. Must be frustrating as all Hell.
bill1971   03-22-2009, 04:46 PM
fpw Wrote:"On schedule?" There is no schedule. And...never mind.

Geez, I get to communicate with my favorite author of the last 15-20 years and I annoy him. Sad Sorry, I didnt really know too much about it. Anyhow, I am enjoying the books and while I have the chance.. thanks for giving me hours and hours of entertainment.
Ken Valentine   03-22-2009, 06:03 PM
bill1971 Wrote:Geez, I get to communicate with my favorite author of the last 15-20 years and I annoy him. Sad Sorry, I didnt really know too much about it. Anyhow, I am enjoying the books and while I have the chance.. thanks for giving me hours and hours of entertainment.
15-20 years?!

That's about how long the RJ movie has been "in process."

Like FPW, I too am no longer holding my breath.

Ken V.
Karithna   03-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Even if they don't make the movie, I still have the books. Besides, they can never make the perfect movie. We all have our own perceptions of Jack. I live in California and it occurs to me that he probably has a Jersey accent. I have to remember that while I'm reading.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
Ken Valentine   03-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Karithna Wrote:Even if they don't make the movie, I still have the books. Besides, they can never make the perfect movie.
True enough, however, what many of us are hoping for is a good movie that will call for at least a couple of sequels. Not to mention getting a great many new people intrested in reading all the other RJ novels.

It's just another way of promoting the works of our favorite author.
Quote: I live in California and it occurs to me that he probably has a Jersey accent. I have to remember that while I'm reading.
Many, if not most of the regional accents in this country have faded a good bit over the last fourty years -- probably due to television.

Ken V.
bill1971   03-22-2009, 08:01 PM
I think the real reason for the delay in the movie is that Tangerine Dream is all booked and not available to make the soundtrack.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   03-22-2009, 08:08 PM
bill1971 Wrote:I think the real reason for the delay in the movie is that Tangerine Dream is all booked and not available to make the soundtrack.

What! You mean John Borg and I have been frozen out!?:eek:

And here I had the over-the-credits lyric written already...

Here comes Jack!
He's a very bad man!
That's right!
(REPEAT til BUS CRASH at 2:41)

I mean, jeez... Inspiration like that...it doesn't come every damn day!:mad:
t4terrific   03-23-2009, 12:24 PM
bill1971 Wrote:I think the real reason for the delay in the movie is that Tangerine Dream is all booked and not available to make the soundtrack.

I think they are holding out for Michael Mann. He probably still has a bad taste after The Keep. They're gonna have to pay him a lot to take another crack at The Adversary Cycle.Big Grin
Pages (12): 1 2 3 4 5 12