Pages (12):    1 2 3 4 5 6 12   
Wapitikev   06-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Jack wears a hoodie, right?
.jpg
sam-worthington-photo.jpg (Size: 19.35 KB Downloads: 1,202)

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Atomsk   06-02-2009, 11:01 AM
sam worthington was AWESOME as marcus in tConfusedalvation

very believable acting chops, really captured the internal struggle i would imagine a cyborg who is unknowingly one would feel

plus he is a bigger guy. he could do some toning and CUT muscle to play the role. me like.
cobalt   06-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Welcome to the board Atomsk.

EWMAN
Wapitikev   06-03-2009, 12:16 AM
Atomsk Wrote:sam worthington was AWESOME as marcus in tConfusedalvation

very believable acting chops, really captured the internal struggle i would imagine a cyborg who is unknowingly one would feel

plus he is a bigger guy. he could do some toning and CUT muscle to play the role. me like.
His face certainly changed (got wider) in his Terminator pics from the pre-Terminator ones...guess that's what piling on the muscle in a very quick time does to a body.

He doesn't look overly big in this shot, though:
.jpg
sam worhtington2.jpg (Size: 71.93 KB Downloads: 1,076)

Just backlight that shot and put a circle around it and you have a perfect "Jack" novel cover.

I'm going to have a tough time reading Ground Zero and NOT see this guy's face on the character.

-Wapitikev

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Atomsk   06-03-2009, 04:11 PM
[Image: Josh_h_3.jpg][Image: josh-holloway2.jpg]
Josh Halloway
Lost is finishing up in a year, and honestly this season has shown us this guy HAS CHOPS. going from the dispicable ahole he once was, to the leading man to be, to me anyways, shows he could handle the enigma that is Jack.

this is a non LOST promo pic, so its him a little younger it looks to me. but this is what i would imagine jack looks like while in college still, or right after he goes to NYC and starts running hustle w/ psychics and the like. he has the physic of a mercenary/ultimate fighter/soldier as well...but not HUGE like the guy from TConfusedalvation
This post was last modified: 06-03-2009, 04:16 PM by Atomsk.
t4terrific   06-03-2009, 06:03 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:His face certainly changed (got wider) in his Terminator pics from the pre-Terminator ones...guess that's what piling on the muscle in a very quick time does to a body.

Athletes who use steroids are cheaters. What about actors? It's extremely common and always overlooked.
Tony H   06-03-2009, 07:03 PM
t4terrific Wrote:Athletes who use steroids are cheaters. What about actors? It's extremely common and always overlooked.

That is because acting is not a competition. Steroid use does not provide an unfair advantage in that career path.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Atomsk   06-03-2009, 07:19 PM
oh yeah? tell that to arnold s

the ONLY actor who got a break cause he was a steroid freak...and look where he is now.

lets take sigorney weaver, another big 80s star. she sells yogurt and gets made fun of on snl for crapping her pants.

id say steroids helped arnold quite a bit

*devils advocate :p
Wapitikev   06-05-2009, 12:57 AM
Atomsk Wrote:Josh Halloway
Lost is finishing up in a year, and honestly this season has shown us this guy HAS CHOPS. going from the dispicable ahole he once was, to the leading man to be, to me anyways, shows he could handle the enigma that is Jack.

this is a non LOST promo pic, so its him a little younger it looks to me. but this is what i would imagine jack looks like while in college still, or right after he goes to NYC and starts running hustle w/ psychics and the like. he has the physic of a mercenary/ultimate fighter/soldier as well...but not HUGE like the guy from TConfusedalvation
Josh suffers from the same problem that Jeffrey Donovan and, to a lesser extent, Nathan Fillion both have...to many year's experience.

Josh will be 40 this year.

If filming doesn't start for a year or two, he could be 42 when he appears in the Tomb movie...playing a 35 year old Jack, dating a 30-33 year old Gia.

So, over the following 10 years and (hopefully) 5 sequels, he'd end being 52 playing a 38 year old in Nightworld??

That stretches my disbelief a bit too far.

The best thing about casting a 33 year old like Reynolds, Harrington or Worthington is that, assuming there are sequels, they can still play Jack, believably, a decade after the first movie (Jack, 38 when the actor is 43 is not as big a stretch).

-Wapitikev

Logan   06-06-2009, 06:02 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:Josh suffers from the same problem that Jeffrey Donovan and, to a lesser extent, Nathan Fillion both have...to many year's experience.

Josh will be 40 this year.

If filming doesn't start for a year or two, he could be 42 when he appears in the Tomb movie...playing a 35 year old Jack, dating a 30-33 year old Gia.

So, over the following 10 years and (hopefully) 5 sequels, he'd end being 52 playing a 38 year old in Nightworld??

That stretches my disbelief a bit too far.

The best thing about casting a 33 year old like Reynolds, Harrington or Worthington is that, assuming there are sequels, they can still play Jack, believably, a decade after the first movie (Jack, 38 when the actor is 43 is not as big a stretch).

-Wapitikev

I can understand wanting to keep Jack as close to the description in FPW's books as close as possible, but unfortunately movie producers rarely use the original content and do what they like. I'm betting they lose Ryan and go with Sean Connery. (sigh)
Pages (12):    1 2 3 4 5 6 12