Pages (14):    1 9 10 11 12 13 14   
Alvin Fox   12-08-2011, 10:49 PM
I just finished Bag of Bones because the miniseries is airing on Sunday.

I would not recommend it.
Jebur27   12-09-2011, 06:50 AM
Well, King may not have specifically written a tribute to FPW, but he did, in a 1992 letter, mention that The Touch, among other authors/works, taught him "something about the literary value of horror stories". http://accidental-author.blogspot.com/20...-king.html

Pretty cool.

(The FPW interview[in 4 parts] was interesting, as well.)
Alaric88   02-02-2012, 10:30 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the Dead Zone but My favorite by far is The Body (made into Stand by Me for television). I liked the whole of different seasons except for the breathing method.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQltDXcqCC7fLZ2MUtvyJp...d2d6EFKIjG][Image: rWZjS.gif]
414   03-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Thank you for that glimpse into who you are.....where you come from.

We all have our own histories, how we grew up, where and when. The memories, brief pictures of our youth that pop to mind now and again. That was the furtile ground where our imagination was born. First inside our family, then wonderment about our surroundings, dreams trying to interpret them all.

Your own facination with King, reminds me how "A Wrinkle in Time", by Madeleine L'Engle blew me right out of the water. I feasted on the delicious desperation (literally glued to the pages) of the young boy Charles Wallace and his sister Meg. They get mucked up in trying to solve the riddles of their world, reminds me of Jack too. They cannot resist the urge to peek behind the curtain and solve the mystery that must be solved, and to stop the strange "(i'm using this term loosly) otherness" that must be stopped.

Thanks
cobalt   03-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Welcome to the board 414.

EWMAN
friendofjack   03-24-2012, 12:59 PM
New Jack fan here. Nice to find such a lively place. Just my two cents about SK. I seem to run hot and cold on the man's work. I LOVE some (Salems' Lot, The Stand, The Shining) and hate others (Cell, most of the Bachman stuff, etc.), which confuses me. When I usually love a writer's style, I can, at minimum, tolerate most of the work. Not with King. Not sure why. Anybody else deal with this phenomenon?
missyg   03-30-2012, 10:58 PM
I have only become aware of RMJ and therefore F. Paul Wilson within the last year. I have been a die-hard SK fan for 30 years, through the best... and unfornately not-so-best... times. When I heard a RMJ short story on audio and decided to check out the author, picking up the first title I came to in the library, the first endorsment I saw on the dust cover was that Stephen King was President of the Repairman Jack Fan Club. That's all it took for me, I've been hooked ever since! I truley beleive that one great author recognizes the other, and none of them have failed me yet. Can't wait to finish this epic (but will be soooo sorry it had to end)!!!
ASRollins   05-11-2012, 01:45 PM
SK's IT was the first horror novel that I ever read, and only because the woman who eventually became my wife was reading it and I wanted something for us to talk about. I had always been a fantasy / sci-fi reader before, and was shocked at how much I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the way he brought the characters to life, making them believable both as children and adults. And Pennywise was just freaking creepy....

I've read several other SK novels, but I've never gotten around to reading Salem's Lot. I enjoy *some* vampire fiction quite a bit, but never knew Salem's Lot was a vampire story. Looks like I'll have to add that one to my list...

Incedentally, this is my first visit to the forums, though I've tracked news of the upcomming RJ books here for quite a while, and it's nice to meet everyone.
Dave   05-14-2012, 05:57 AM
Welcome to the board, ASRollins.

SK is a bit hit and miss with me, but IT and Salem's Lot were both great. I have 11.22.63 waiting to be read, I'm looking forward to it as I'm a sucker for time travel stories. The first SK I've been excited about for years.
lewscannon   05-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Hi All.

First time poster here. Haven't checked FPW's site in a while and see that it has undergone a lot of changes. I was introduced to RJ by my wife three or four years ago, who for my birthday will go out and buy a few random paperbacks for her avid reader of a husband. She just goes by the back cover and is more successful than not. I became completely hooked and now have read all the RJ & Adversary books.
Stephen King is pretty much my favorite author. He's another writer I discovered by accident, long before he became famous. I was at the beach one summer afternoon, I don't remember what year, but I do remember that 'My Sharona' was constantly on the radio. I had nothing to read, so I found his first collection of short stories, Night Shift, and couldn't believe what I was reading. I've heard the same 'He's One Of Us' comment that FPW has made, more than once from different people. Once in a while he'll put out a lesser work, but when he's on his game, there's no one better, IMHO. One book that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread is 'Pet Semetary', one hell of a creepy story.
Forgive me for this, but I'd like to plug my first novel here as well. Though it's not supernatural, my thinking is SK & FPW fans might enjoy this. It was just released a couple of weeks ago. 'Trial of Tears' is a black comedy thriller set in the music industry and is available on Amazon.
Pages (14):    1 9 10 11 12 13 14