Pages (14):    1 10 11 12 13 14
The Man of Fhinntmanchca   03-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Yeah, I read a discussion on just how far a movie has to go past the break-even point on it's budget to make up for additional costs of advertising, promotions etc and that's not far enough ahead of a margin from what I was reading...

I tilt at windmills, you tilt at windmills, we tilt at windmills together.

quixotic - Caught up in the romance of noble deeds or unreachable ideals; romantic without regard to practicality.
t4terrific   03-11-2013, 07:56 PM
The Man of Fhinntmanchca Wrote:And apparently Reacher is about to be played by Tom Cruise in an upcoming movie.

An excellent movie it was. As usual, Robert Duvall stole the show.
Lisa   03-13-2013, 10:57 PM
The Man of Fhinntmanchca Wrote:Yeah, I read a discussion on just how far a movie has to go past the break-even point on it's budget to make up for additional costs of advertising, promotions etc and that's not far enough ahead of a margin from what I was reading...

I've read that the general rule of thumb is a movie has to earn twice its budget to start turning a profit. I'm sure it varies on a case by case basis, though.
The Man of Fhinntmanchca   03-14-2013, 12:00 PM
Part of the problem may have been a lack of pervasive advertising... I never knew about the movie myself, even as I was reading about the career of Tom Cruise and the influence of Scientology in Hollywood...

I tilt at windmills, you tilt at windmills, we tilt at windmills together.

quixotic - Caught up in the romance of noble deeds or unreachable ideals; romantic without regard to practicality.
Pages (14):    1 10 11 12 13 14