Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5
Lysistrata   09-14-2011, 03:10 PM
cobalt Wrote:Listen to Marc here. I made a mistake.

the movie last. Duly noted. Tattoed in my heart. Engraved in my brain. Scarified in my flesh.

Trying to be nice
Marc   09-14-2011, 03:29 PM
The only series I can think of that it's similar to is the anime Cowboy Bebop. That's about the only one. Firefly is a very unique series IMO.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   09-14-2011, 03:49 PM
My old high school buddy Bob has all that good stuff. I'll ask about it when I visit him and his family next month. Thanks, Marc!
Alvin Fox   09-14-2011, 10:52 PM
Lysistrata Wrote:never heard of firefly/serenity :couch2:

I can top that. I've heard of them and I've been storing a half dozen crates of a friend's things at my place for about a year now. In those crates are that box set and movie. Of course Jack of all Trades is in there too and I haven't watched that.
Medusa   09-15-2011, 09:43 AM
We've been going to the same grocery store for years so we know everyone there. A couple weeks ago one of the cashiers, Alex, was telling me he was going to go on vacation and didn't want to go anywhere and could I suggest a series for him to watch. He'd never even heard of Firefly/Serenity. He was a little doubtful so I wasn't sure he would watch it. After he came back from vacation he saw us shopping and pointed his finger at us. "Your fault" he grinned at us. Evidently he did get the series and got into it so much that he spent one night doing nothing but watch Firefly episodes. He said he just couldn't stop. Then he was upset when he found out there were no more. Just the movie. Glad I turned on another Firefly newbie!

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
Marc   09-15-2011, 11:10 AM
With George Lucas endlessly mucking up Star Wars it's nice to have another, better, sci-fi show to worship.
Scott Miller   09-15-2011, 11:29 AM
I'm with Lisa on this one, I've only seen Serenity and it in no way inspired me to watch the series. I thought it was pretty corny. The only SF series I consider to be great is the Battlestar Galactica reboot. Unless you count Twilight Zone as SF. I never cared for any of the Star Trek shows.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Monquito   09-27-2011, 11:11 AM
Loved Firefly, but I found Serenity to be a disappointment. It simply lacked the warmth and fun of the show.
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5