Pages (2):    1 2
Jamo   12-13-2008, 11:20 AM
Ahh, this thread must be just for me Smile
As I wrote in Off-Topic, my Notebook is broke, so.. but now I read this. I try to translate. But that does not mean, that that are the realt titles in english. I think german titles aren't just translated from the english.

All Repairman Jack stories:
Zwischenspiel im Drugstore / Interlude at the Drugstore
Ein ganz gewöhnlicher Tag / An ordinary day
Der letzte Rakosh / The last Rakosh
Der lange Weg nach Haus / The long way back home
Familiennotdienst / Family Emergency (service / unit)
In der Mangel / Being in a nice mess (I am not sure about that. perhaps: Being in a mangle/wringer)

Storiesthat are connected with Jack and/or the Adversary-Cycle:
Untermieter / border or subleaser or lodger
Gesichter / faces
Dat-Tay-Vao / Dat-Tay-Vao (??) ^^
Krabbler / crawler
Mitgefühl / compassion, or empathy or condolence
Nachwort des Übersetzers / epilogue of the translator

Hope this may help you Paul!
Perhaps you can tell me, when the next RJ book will be published in germany?

greets,
Jamo

"Dem ago call a war a holy war...but if a war is holy....what unholy stands for?
(Gentleman)

Visit my private Portfolio on www.manufolio.de
Jamo   12-17-2008, 01:28 PM
Hey Paul

If this was helpful, perhaps you can answer my question from above? Would be quite nice!

thanks

"Dem ago call a war a holy war...but if a war is holy....what unholy stands for?
(Gentleman)

fpw   12-17-2008, 11:55 PM
Jamo Wrote:Perhaps you can tell me, when the next RJ book will be published in germany?

greets,
Jamo

I don't know. I haven't signed a contract lately.

BTW - there's a list of the English names at the back of the collection (duh):

Zwischenspiel im Drugstore / Interlude at Duane's
Ein ganz gewöhnlicher Tag / A day in the life
Der letzte Rakosh / The last Rakosh
Der lange Weg nach Haus / The long way home
Familiennotdienst / Home Repairs
In der Mangel / The Wringer

Storiesthat are connected with Jack and/or the Adversary-Cycle:
Untermieter / Tenants
Gesichter / faces
Dat-Tay-Vao / Dat-Tay-Vao
Krabbler / Bugs
Mitgefühl / Feelings

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Jamo   12-18-2008, 07:56 PM
Okay, thank you anyway Paul.

To the translations: I think i wasnt that bad. Much space to interpret single words and meanings

greets

(Gentleman)

Alvin Fox   12-20-2008, 03:37 AM
Just realized- Why does Germany get a Secret History of the World collection (albeit abridged)? Is ours coming before Nightworld? Will the stories be laid out in chronological order? That is when they take place, not when they were published? Will there be little notes between the stories saying which novels take place between them? Will it include The Last Rakosh and Home Repairs even though they were incorporated into All the Rage and Conspiracies? Will it include The Peabody-Ozimandias Traveling Circus & Oddity Emporium even though an affordable self published version is soon coming out?

Okay, I'm tapped for questions at the moment.
fpw   12-20-2008, 01:53 PM
AlvinFox Wrote:Just realized- Why does Germany get a Secret History of the World collection (albeit abridged)? Is ours coming before Nightworld? Will the stories be laid out in chronological order? That is when they take place, not when they were published? Will there be little notes between the stories saying which novels take place between them? Will it include The Last Rakosh and Home Repairs even though they were incorporated into All the Rage and Conspiracies? Will it include The Peabody-Ozimandias Traveling Circus & Oddity Emporium even though an affordable self published version is soon coming out?

Okay, I'm tapped for questions at the moment.
Someday maybe a Secret History collection, but not for years.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Pages (2):    1 2