Pages (9):    1 4 5 6 7 8 9   
Pacal   09-16-2008, 05:50 PM
I'm also pretty new here. 32 now, and I've been reading FPW for about 20 years. I lost out on naming my son Jack, over-ruled. I've read and own almost everything, with only a few gaps. FPW is really accessible as an author, with forum responses and more. I love the newsletters. Couldn't ask for more in FPW!
Welcome all, and thanks for the welcome!
Bluesman Mike Lindner   09-17-2008, 01:10 PM
Spacedraptor Wrote:I couldn't see anywhere for new members to your site to say hi, so i hope nobody minds me creating this little thread.

I'm a new member myself been reading FPW books for as long as i can remember. My first being "The Keep", closely followed by "Foundation" i find it genuinely very difficult to find Mr Wilson's book as they are not in print in England but making it all the sweeter when i do find one to read.

I'm 39 years old so i'm about the same age as Repairman Jack himself also my youngest son is called Jack so you could call me a fan, hope everybody comes to say hi :-))Big Grin

Cheers
Bernard

Welcome to the gang, Bernard!
Gunwitch   09-22-2008, 08:54 AM
Hi folks, after debating for a dogs age i thought i'd might aswell sign up.

Read the first 4 RJ novels and gone through more copies of The Keep than i can count.
I'm 39 and from York in the UK, been a fan of FPW for too many years but RJ is my favourite. Nice to see the stories crossing over and each new novel fresh. Now i need to catch up and buy books 5 to 11 Big Grin
Kenji   09-22-2008, 09:04 AM
Gunwitch Wrote:Hi folks, after debating for a dogs age i thought i'd might aswell sign up.

Read the first 4 RJ novels and gone through more copies of The Keep than i can count.
I'm 39 and from York in the UK, been a fan of FPW for too many years but RJ is my favourite. Nice to see the stories crossing over and each new novel fresh. Now i need to catch up and buy books 5 to 11 Big Grin

Hi from Japan. Welcome to the board, Gunwitch!

I'm also 39. Big Grin

Enjoy the reading!
cobalt   09-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Welcome Gunwitch.

EWMAN
NewYorkjoe   09-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Welcome to all new members! Always room for more voices and different opinions, don't be shy.

I think about the only thing we ALL agree on is that FPW is the Master and a storyteller without equal.

Regards,

NYj

Then out spoke brave Horatius, the Captain of the Gate: "To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late; And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, For the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods,"
"Well, John Henry said to the Cap'n, "A man ain't nuthin' but a man. But, before I let that steam drill beat me, gonna die with my hammer in my hand, Lawd, Lawd, gonna die with my hammer in my hand."
Libby   09-22-2008, 06:17 PM
Gunwitch Wrote:Hi folks, after debating for a dogs age i thought i'd might aswell sign up.

Hello! Welcome to the board.:hello: I am Libby (as you might have noticedConfusedmilewinkgrinSmile, and the youngest board member.

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
Lasomar   09-29-2008, 05:00 PM
I am new here as well. I am from Indiana and started reading FPW books in the Navy when I found "The Select" in the ships library. The addiction started there and hasn't subsided. I actually hooked a few of the guys on the ship onto Jack.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   09-29-2008, 05:35 PM
Lasomar Wrote:I am new here as well. I am from Indiana and started reading FPW books in the Navy when I found "The Select" in the ships library. The addiction started there and hasn't subsided. I actually hooked a few of the guys on the ship onto Jack.

Welcome, Lasomar! What was your ship?
Lasomar   09-29-2008, 06:47 PM
Well the first ship was the USS Vella Gulf (CG-72) 4 years. Then went on recruiting duty and back to sea for one year on the USS San Jacinto (CG-56) I was in the Navy for 9 years as an Engineman and got out as a EN1.
Pages (9):    1 4 5 6 7 8 9