swandy   10-09-2008, 12:46 AM
Just started "By The Sword" and have a question about the Author's Note.

What is meant by "syncing the releases of The Touch, Reborn.....with Jack's timeline? I realize that "The Tomb" was revised to bring it more in line with the years of Jack's story. Is the same thing being done with the re-release of the other Adversary books or are they just being re-released to coincide with the Jack books?

Thanks
Steve
Ken Valentine   10-09-2008, 09:04 PM
swandy Wrote:Just started "By The Sword" and have a question about the Author's Note.

What is meant by "syncing the releases of The Touch, Reborn.....with Jack's timeline? I realize that "The Tomb" was revised to bring it more in line with the years of Jack's story. Is the same thing being done with the re-release of the other Adversary books or are they just being re-released to coincide with the Jack books?

Thanks
Steve
Actually, the slight revisions in THE TOMB were done to eliminate some small things which "dated" the story. Like when Aunt Nellie says that she watches Johnny Carson on TV.

The novel REPRISAL takes place over a period of five years, and all of the RJ novels (as well as THE TOUCH) fall within that period.

What FPW is doing is slowly bringing all those stories together.

He's effectively creating an epic saga.

Ken V.
Legion   10-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Actually, the slight revisions in THE TOMB were done to eliminate some small things which "dated" the story. Like when Aunt Nellie says that she watches Johnny Carson on TV.

Ken V.

I still say he should have left that in there and just turned her more than a bit senile. Would have been great.

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!