Scott Miller   07-17-2008, 03:15 PM
...to find a movie as bad as Southland Tales, but Revolver by Guy Ritchie is even worse. What an incomprehensible mess. Watch Jason Statham try to act! Watch Ray Liotta go through the motions! Try to figure out just what the hell is going on! Madonna and the Kaballah have totally derailed Ritchie's once promising career.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
fpw   07-17-2008, 03:33 PM
[SIZE="3"]I'm with you, Scott. Here's my FF review from the newsletter:[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]REVOLVER
Big disappointment. I was expecting another “Lock, Stock…” or “Snatch” and got something else. Don’t ask me what I got; I’m still not sure. Oh, there’s good watching - especially the Sorter character - but it all leads to nothing. Or rather to something ham handed and unbearably pretentious. A Message Film - yikes! (The finale scene with Ray Liotta whispering, “Fear me…fear me…” Just. Awful.) And idiot plotting: The protagonist (played by Jason Statham with hair) doesn’t figure out what everyone watching the film, regardless of mental capacity, has figured out from the moment he relates his prison experience. (NB: The low FF Rating™is due to misplaced faith in Guy Richie and the assumption that the overblown dialogue and meandering monologues would turn out to be important. Wrong!)
FF=0[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Scott Miller   07-17-2008, 11:28 PM
You're a better man than I. I started wandering around doing little chores during the last 45 minutes of it.

fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]I'm with you, Scott. Here's my FF review from the newsletter:[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]REVOLVER
Big disappointment. I was expecting another “Lock, Stock…” or “Snatch” and got something else. Don’t ask me what I got; I’m still not sure. Oh, there’s good watching - especially the Sorter character - but it all leads to nothing. Or rather to something ham handed and unbearably pretentious. A Message Film - yikes! (The finale scene with Ray Liotta whispering, “Fear me…fear me…” Just. Awful.) And idiot plotting: The protagonist (played by Jason Statham with hair) doesn’t figure out what everyone watching the film, regardless of mental capacity, has figured out from the moment he relates his prison experience. (NB: The low FF Rating™is due to misplaced faith in Guy Richie and the assumption that the overblown dialogue and meandering monologues would turn out to be important. Wrong!)
FF=0[/SIZE]

Scott

Sam   07-23-2008, 09:39 PM
*Whew!* I damn near rented this movie today and was thinking about it for future viewing. Thanks to you gentlemen I won't have to suffer through this snoozer. I owe y'all one.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Scott Miller   07-23-2008, 09:43 PM
Sam Wrote:*Whew!* I damn near rented this movie today and was thinking about it for future viewing. Thanks to you gentlemen I won't have to suffer through this snoozer. I owe y'all one.

Dodged a bullet all right.

Scott

bones weep tedium   07-24-2008, 04:54 AM
I thought the stuff with Sorter was super - especially the restaurant scene.

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
fpw   07-24-2008, 08:31 AM
bones weep tedium Wrote:I thought the stuff with Sorter was super - especially the restaurant scene.
[SIZE="3"]
That and the scene with the father and the daughter -- I loved the play of emotions across his face. He's a stone contract killer but he finally decides he can't allow that to go any further.

That's the Guy Richie I was expecting when I rented it[/SIZE].

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
RichE   07-24-2008, 10:40 AM
Ed Wood would be proud!