RepairmanJack.com Forums
I Thought It Would Take Longer... - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: I Thought It Would Take Longer... (/thread-2959.html)

I Thought It Would Take Longer... - Scott Miller - 07-17-2008

...to find a movie as bad as Southland Tales, but Revolver by Guy Ritchie is even worse. What an incomprehensible mess. Watch Jason Statham try to act! Watch Ray Liotta go through the motions! Try to figure out just what the hell is going on! Madonna and the Kaballah have totally derailed Ritchie's once promising career.

I Thought It Would Take Longer... - fpw - 07-17-2008

[SIZE="3"]I'm with you, Scott. Here's my FF review from the newsletter:[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]REVOLVER
Big disappointment. I was expecting another “Lock, Stock…” or “Snatch” and got something else. Don’t ask me what I got; I’m still not sure. Oh, there’s good watching - especially the Sorter character - but it all leads to nothing. Or rather to something ham handed and unbearably pretentious. A Message Film - yikes! (The finale scene with Ray Liotta whispering, “Fear me…fear me…” Just. Awful.) And idiot plotting: The protagonist (played by Jason Statham with hair) doesn’t figure out what everyone watching the film, regardless of mental capacity, has figured out from the moment he relates his prison experience. (NB: The low FF Rating™is due to misplaced faith in Guy Richie and the assumption that the overblown dialogue and meandering monologues would turn out to be important. Wrong!)
FF=0[/SIZE]

I Thought It Would Take Longer... - Scott Miller - 07-17-2008

You're a better man than I. I started wandering around doing little chores during the last 45 minutes of it.

fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]I'm with you, Scott. Here's my FF review from the newsletter:[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]REVOLVER
Big disappointment. I was expecting another “Lock, Stock…” or “Snatch” and got something else. Don’t ask me what I got; I’m still not sure. Oh, there’s good watching - especially the Sorter character - but it all leads to nothing. Or rather to something ham handed and unbearably pretentious. A Message Film - yikes! (The finale scene with Ray Liotta whispering, “Fear me…fear me…” Just. Awful.) And idiot plotting: The protagonist (played by Jason Statham with hair) doesn’t figure out what everyone watching the film, regardless of mental capacity, has figured out from the moment he relates his prison experience. (NB: The low FF Rating™is due to misplaced faith in Guy Richie and the assumption that the overblown dialogue and meandering monologues would turn out to be important. Wrong!)
FF=0[/SIZE]

I Thought It Would Take Longer... - Sam - 07-23-2008

*Whew!* I damn near rented this movie today and was thinking about it for future viewing. Thanks to you gentlemen I won't have to suffer through this snoozer. I owe y'all one.

I Thought It Would Take Longer... - Scott Miller - 07-23-2008

Sam Wrote:*Whew!* I damn near rented this movie today and was thinking about it for future viewing. Thanks to you gentlemen I won't have to suffer through this snoozer. I owe y'all one.

Dodged a bullet all right.

I Thought It Would Take Longer... - bones weep tedium - 07-24-2008

I thought the stuff with Sorter was super - especially the restaurant scene.

I Thought It Would Take Longer... - fpw - 07-24-2008

bones weep tedium Wrote:I thought the stuff with Sorter was super - especially the restaurant scene.
[SIZE="3"]
That and the scene with the father and the daughter -- I loved the play of emotions across his face. He's a stone contract killer but he finally decides he can't allow that to go any further.

That's the Guy Richie I was expecting when I rented it[/SIZE].

I Thought It Would Take Longer... - RichE - 07-24-2008

Ed Wood would be proud!