Pages (56): 1 2 3 4 5 56   
persephoneslove   07-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Lately as I'm rereading the novels I've been casting the characters in my head, since I found out about the possibility of a movie. In the blog it mentions perhaps Ryan Reynolds, but I think that would be a mistake, he's really not average enough and is a bit too goofy, I think.

My Jack suggestions [thus far]:
Jeffrey Donovan [burn notice]
Michael C. Hall [dexter]

thoughts? comments?
Maggers   07-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Welcome to the board.

If you scroll back into antiquity, and even in recent months, you'll see there are approximately 1,789,422 threads on the casting of assorted Repairman Jack movies, specific characters, etc., etc. It's a hugely entertaining topic here, who should direct, who should play this part, that part, etc., etc.

Enjoy the board. It's a fun place to hang out.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Ken Valentine   07-14-2008, 05:05 PM
persephoneslove Wrote:Lately as I'm rereading the novels I've been casting the characters in my head, since I found out about the possibility of a movie. In the blog it mentions perhaps Ryan Reynolds, but I think that would be a mistake, he's really not average enough and is a bit too goofy, I think.

Michael C. Hall [dexter]

thoughts? comments?
I believe Ryan Reynolds has been confirmed. After more than 15 years in development, I'm getting a little impatient. (Mostly wondering If I'll still be alive when the movie is finally released.) Big Grin

I've never seen him in a movie, so I'm not qualified to comment.

And welcome to the board.

Ken V.
Legion   07-14-2008, 05:26 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:I believe Ryan Reynolds has been confirmed. After more than 15 years in development, I'm getting a little impatient. (Mostly wondering If I'll still be alive when the movie is finally released.) Big Grin

I've never seen him in a movie, so I'm not qualified to comment.

And welcome to the board.

Ken V.

By the time it gets done he MIGHT be the right age.

Actually Reynolds is a pretty good actor. If you watch Smokin' Aces you'll see what I mean. But I will always see him as Berg from Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place. Or Van Wilder.

But I still think he is a bit too pretty for the role.

OH! And welcome aboard mate!

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
Ken Valentine   07-14-2008, 05:36 PM
Legion Wrote:But I still think he is a bit too pretty for the role.
Well, when you see the things they're able to do with make-up these days, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up looking like Mater, in CARS. Big Grin

Ken V.
jonledon   07-14-2008, 05:45 PM
persephoneslove Wrote:Lately as I'm rereading the novels I've been casting the characters in my head, since I found out about the possibility of a movie. In the blog it mentions perhaps Ryan Reynolds, but I think that would be a mistake, he's really not average enough and is a bit too goofy, I think.

Michael C. Hall [dexter]

thoughts? comments?

Welcome aboard.

I agree with Legion. Reynolds was good in Smokin Aces, but not as Jack. Since Six Feet Under, I can't see M C Hall in anything but Dexter.

I've always pictured Jack as John Cusack or Matt Damon (with facial hair).
Ken Valentine   07-14-2008, 06:00 PM
jonledon Wrote:Welcome aboard.

I agree with Legion. Reynolds was good in Smokin Aces, but not as Jack. Since Six Feet Under, I can't see M C Hall in anything but Dexter.

I've always pictured Jack as John Cusack or Matt Damon (with facial hair).
John Cusack was one of the favorites on the board, unfortunately, he's getting a bit old to play RJ. The hopes are that there will be more than one Repairman Jack movie.

Ken V.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-14-2008, 06:07 PM

Michael C. Hall [dexter]

thoughts? comments?

From all time and all space--

Edward Norton as Jack
Audrey Hepburn as Gia
the young actress now in KIT KITTREDGE as Vicky
Zero Mostel as Abe
Erik Estrada as Julio
Dr. Roma?--well, I will take the part, though it will not bring me much luck
This post was last modified: 07-14-2008, 06:13 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
webby   07-14-2008, 09:11 PM
:hello: Welcome, persephoneslove!

And I'm just going to say that all you guys just need to quit hatin' on Ryan Reynolds. He's going to be a peeeerfect Jack! :bigsmile:

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ken Valentine   07-14-2008, 09:22 PM
webby Wrote::hello: Welcome, persephoneslove!

And I'm just going to say that all you guys just need to quit hatin' on Ryan Reynolds. He's going to be a peeeerfect Jack! :bigsmile:
From one cat lover to another, that's purrrrrrrfect. :yesnod:

Big Grin

Ken V.
Pages (56): 1 2 3 4 5 56