Pages (56):    1 2 3 4 5 56   
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-14-2008, 09:57 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:From one cat lover to another, that's purrrrrrrfect. :yesnod:

Big Grin

Ken V.

That's fur sure.
webby   07-14-2008, 10:00 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:From one cat lover to another, that's purrrrrrrfect. :yesnod:

Big Grin

Ken V.

You are so right! Big Grin

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Legion   07-14-2008, 10:34 PM
Coming from me this is odd, as I am an avid fan of cussack ( wish war inc had done better. It was great). But he is a bit too brooding. And thats what I love about him, but not as Jack.

I hate to say it, but Matt Damon would be awesome. he's got that everyman look now that he has gotten older and he was terrifyingly dangerous in the Bourne movies ( and will be in the next one too).

If his hair was darker he'd be Jack in a heartbeat.

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
Maggers   07-14-2008, 11:48 PM
Legion Wrote:Coming from me this is odd, as I am an avid fan of cussack ( wish war inc had done better. It was great). But he is a bit too brooding. And thats what I love about him, but not as Jack.

I hate to say it, but Matt Damon would be awesome. he's got that everyman look now that he has gotten older and he was terrifyingly dangerous in the Bourne movies ( and will be in the next one too).

If his hair was darker he'd be Jack in a heartbeat.
I have to agree with you on both points.

But I'm a big Ryan Reynolds fan, ever since I saw him in a tiny part in DICK. Every time I write that, someone (usually KRW) slaps me upside my head, ever so gently. But Ryan Reynolds did have a small and very funny role in DICK, which I love, love, love. So sue me. Confusedmilewinkgrin:

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

bones weep tedium   07-15-2008, 04:43 AM
Maggers Wrote:I have to agree with you on both points.

But I'm a big Ryan Reynolds fan, ever since I saw him in a tiny part in DICK. Every time I write that, someone (usually KRW) slaps me upside my head, ever so gently. [SIZE="5"]But Ryan Reynolds did have a small and very funny role in DICK,[/SIZE] which I love, love, love. So sue me. Confusedmilewinkgrin:

You're asking for trouble with that one Maggers! :yikes:

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Maggers   07-15-2008, 09:28 AM
bones weep tedium Wrote:You're asking for trouble with that one Maggers! :yikes:

I know! That happens every time I mention how I first saw Ryan in DICK. What can I say, that's how it happened. Big Grin

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

cobalt   07-15-2008, 09:49 AM
Maggers Wrote:I know! That happens every time I mention how I first saw Ryan in DICK. What can I say, that's how it happened. Big Grin

Uhhh...not touching this one with a ten foot pole nor a nurse's 2 finger grip. Wink

***snicker****

EWMAN
jimbow8   07-15-2008, 11:39 PM
webby Wrote::hello: Welcome, persephoneslove!

And I'm just going to say that all you guys just need to quit hatin' on Ryan Reynolds. He's going to be a peeeerfect Jack! :bigsmile:

I'm not a hater. I've like Ryan Reynolds since the first episode of "Two Guys, A Girl, and A Pizza Place." I just don't think he's the best choice to play Jack. I REALLY hope he proves me wrong.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
persephoneslove   07-21-2008, 04:41 PM
While I do believe Ryan Reynolds can play a dramtic roll [i.e. Smokin' Aces] he's just not average enough to be Jack. Jack is the everyman, not tall or short, no pretty or ugly, he is invisible and I just dont think Reynolds can be that. Though the more I watch television and reread Jack the more I picture Jeffrey Donovan. Watch him in a few clips from the show "Touching Evil" and you can see what I mean. He's average but theres an underlying darkness to him that I think Jack possesses. Now I could just be talking out my rear here cause I know I'm not the only overboard Jack-fanatic, but I think I'd be really disappointed by Reynolds portrayal. Now god love the Bergmeister, but as Jack? I think he should pass.
Oxenberger   07-22-2008, 12:18 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:From all time and all space--

Edward Norton as Jack
Audrey Hepburn as Gia
the young actress now in KIT KITTREDGE as Vicky
Zero Mostel as Abe
Erik Estrada as Julio
Dr. Roma?--well, I will take the part, though it will not bring me much luck

Whoa! We have an Erik Estrada sighting, sound the alarm!
Pages (56):    1 2 3 4 5 56