Pages (4): 1 2 3 4   
WS4201   05-19-2008, 06:24 PM
My friend and I are having an argument about what Abes race is. Anybody know?
Wapitikev   05-19-2008, 06:28 PM
WS4201 Wrote:My friend and I are having an argument about what Abes race is. Anybody know?

Abe Grossman is a (non-practising, if memory serves) Jewish human male, as stated in the novels.

I hope this helps.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-19-2008, 06:41 PM
WS4201 Wrote:My friend and I are having an argument about what Abes race is. Anybody know?

What, there was a question about this? Gevalt! Abe customarily speaks in NY Jewish patois. Who could not know this? WS4201, you and your friend, you should maybe find better topics to argue about. Like, where does your lap go when you stand up?
This post was last modified: 05-19-2008, 06:44 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
fpw   05-19-2008, 07:25 PM

[SIZE="3"]He prefers the NY marathon over the Boston.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-19-2008, 07:30 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]He prefers the NY marathon over the Boston.[/SIZE]

Hey, this guy's a regular Henny Youngman!:p
jimbow8   05-19-2008, 08:12 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:What, there was a question about this? Gevalt! Abe customarily speaks in NY Jewish patois. Who could not know this?

I've never heard (nor hear OF) NY Jewish Pattoys. :p

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
fpw   05-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Hey, this guy's a regular Henny Youngman!:p
[SIZE="3"]
Yeah. I just made a killing in the stock market. I shot my broker.

My wife and I had to get remarried. Our divorce didn't work out.

Take my-- (stops self)[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-19-2008, 08:20 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]
Yeah. I just made a killing in the stock market. I shot my broker.

My wife and I had to get remarried. Our divorce didn't work out.

Take my-- (stops self)[/SIZE]

SAUL: More! More!
SARAH: I don't know why you're making a fool of yourself, shouting for that comedian.
SAUL: You said you didn't like the food, right? Well, we should get =something= out of this vacation.
SARAH: Honestly, I don't know why I married you. Waiter! Another whiskey sour, please.
Ken Valentine   05-19-2008, 10:07 PM

Human. He's a member of the human race. What other race is there?

Ken V.
fpw   05-19-2008, 10:18 PM
[SIZE="3"]When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

Henny[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
Pages (4): 1 2 3 4