webby   03-03-2011, 02:06 PM
It's a good one. Check it out:
[INDENT]Between The Lines feature interview F Paul Wilson

This month, it’s my honor to feature one of the supernatural thriller genre’s most interesting personalities, F. Paul Wilson. I’m not only a huge fan, I consider Paul a friend. At various conferences around the country, we’ve been on panels together and closed bars after hours. One of Paul’s most admirable traits is his protectiveness of his family and personal life. During this interview I made a valiant attempt to break in, but he held firm and the firewall stayed up! Paul might claim all that private stuff is boring anyway, but trust me, there’s nothing boring or dull about this amazingly talented writer. And you won’t find a kinder pro in the business. And if anyone’s curious, the F stands for Francis.

The only fault I can possibly find in Paul’s character is his willingness to hang with Joe Konrath! Just kidding Joe, you know I love you like a brother.

Where to begin? Paul’s invested 35 plus years in this crazy business of writing fiction. Nearly every F. Paul Wilson story involves some degree of supernatural suspense. He’s probably best known in the horror and science fiction genres although many of the Repairman Jack novels cross into the thriller camp.

So who is this intriguing character called Repairman Jack and what does he repair? It’s a safe bet he won’t be called upon to fix a leaky toilet, seal old windows, or silence a squeaking floor board. It’s also a safe bet that RJ doesn’t advertize his services in the yellow pages. So who is he and what does he do? Perhaps the best answer is from a Repairman Jack Wikipedia article:

“Repairman Jack is a self-titled “fix-it” man, but not in the common workshop sense. He is something of an underground mercenary, hired by everyday people to fix situations that cannot be dealt with through legal means (e.g. blackmail).”

That’s a nearly perfect description. RJ’s adventures have ranged from investigating the World Trade Center tragedy (GROUND ZERO, 2009) to exposing and bringing down a couple of phony spiritual mediums in Queens, NYC (THE HAUNTED AIR, 2004) When I Googled “Repairman Jack,” I found over 52,700 references — that’s just plain crazy! To say RJ has gained cult status wouldn’t do him justice. RJ’s become his own subculture, complete with t-shirts, hats, and dare I say… Groupies?

continued...

[/INDENT]

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Anemone of the State   03-03-2011, 02:10 PM
I love his "firewall".

"Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors... and miss."
Robert A. Heinlein