Pages (9):    1 2 3 4 5 9   
fpw   03-20-2008, 08:04 AM
Wapitikev Wrote:Great Action/Horror Director!
[SIZE="3"]I would use past tense there. I don't think he has it anymore. ALthough I did vote for him to receive the Lifetime Recognition Award from the Horror Writers Association.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Wapitikev   03-20-2008, 12:27 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]I would use past tense there. I don't think he has it anymore. ALthough I did vote for him to receive the Lifetime Recognition Award from the Horror Writers Association.[/SIZE]

Sadly, he seemed dimished after the Bob Crane legal matter.

Prince of Darnkess was his last film that really disturbed me.

I tip my hat, to John and to you.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Dave   03-21-2008, 12:42 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:PS-Is your avatar a picture of Kate Winslett...it sort of resembles her.
Yep. I'm a big fan, but never saw her as Gia. Now Charlize, I can see.

Dave
Miskatonic & Gin   03-22-2008, 06:31 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:Katherine Bigelow- Strange Days was awesome. Just don't let her get too mushy.

Agreed. However, her work in Near Dark and Point Break bears mention aswell. Near Dark is one of my favorite films and Point Break is #1 on my "Guilty Pleasures" film list.

Cthulhu for President!

Why vote for a lesser evil? I can think of none better than the great old one, who should return from his slumber to take over the U.S. government and make this country a whole hell of a lot better as the leader of our executive branch. Or destroy it and drive everyone insane, kill us all, or something really nasty! Remember, Cthulhu for President, why vote for the lesser of two evils? Wink
Wapitikev   03-31-2008, 09:04 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:Beacon Communications is the production company, Ryan Reynolds is cast as Jack, and Chris Morgan wrote the most recent version of the script…but no Director, yet...

I was doing some (more) research on horror directors for possible options and I came across Peter Hyams, director of The Relic and End of Days

What I didn't realize until today was that End of Days was a Beacon Communications picture.

He can do dark: End of Days
He can do the period pieces/flashbacks: Musketeer
He can do the creepy creatures: Relic

He's currently filming a remake of Beyond A Reasonable Doubt (1956) with Michael Douglas, but otherwise looks to be available.

Hmmmm. He wouldn't be my first choice, but he's capable. My list, thus far, in order of preference:

Peter Jackson (back to his horror roots)
Ridley Scott (Alien. 'Nuff-said)
Alex Proyas (The Crow, Dark City)
Peter Hyams (see above)
Marc Forster (has he ever done a monster movie?)
Timor Bekmambetov (fallen in my esteem thanx to Dave's plea)

-Wapitikev

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
cobalt   03-31-2008, 09:54 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:I was doing some (more) research on horror directors for possible options and I came across Peter Hyams, director of The Relic and End of Days

What I didn't realize until today was that End of Days was a Beacon Communications picture.

He can do dark: End of Days
He can do the period pieces/flashbacks: Musketeer
He can do the creepy creatures: Relic

He's currently filming a remake of Beyond A Reasonable Doubt (1956) with Michael Douglas, but otherwise looks to be available.

Hmmmm. He wouldn't be my first choice, but he's capable. My list, thus far, in order of preference:

Peter Jackson (back to his horror roots)
Peter Hyams (see above)

-Wapitikev

Wow! You did have some time on your hands. Big Grin Excellent choices, I just wish "they" would start already.

And a welcome aboard as well!

EWMAN
Wapitikev   03-31-2008, 10:27 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:Wow! You did have some time on your hands. Big Grin Excellent choices, I just wish "they" would start already.

And a welcome aboard as well!

Thanx for the warm welcome, everyone!

And, yes, waiting for the movie is like having one of the Infernals hovering over my shoulder!

-Wapitikev

bones weep tedium   04-01-2008, 04:48 AM
Oh dear God not that Russian hack! :eek:

I'd rather see Michael Mann direct it than him! Wink

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
bones weep tedium   04-01-2008, 05:04 AM
Peter Hyams directed one of my favourite films, Outland starring Bjorn Bonnery. End Of Days was pretty good considering it was just another dodgey Schwarzenegger vehicle, and 2010 is a memorable movie.

Wapitikev Wrote:Peter Jackson (back to his horror roots)
Peter Hyams (see above)

• Peter Jackson returning to his horror roots . . . slapstick comedy horror for RJ? Can you imagine RJ drinking a dishful of Rakosh vomit?

• Ridley Scott would never do it.

• Alex Proyas would be a good un. Everyone likes The Crow and Dark City. It's funny that he isnt bigger than he is, considering how good his films are.

• Peter Hyams would get my seal of approval.

• Marc Forster is the man responsible for the death of my parents. I will never give him my seal of approval.

• Timon 'N' Pumbaski is embarrasing. I had to stop Daywatch becasue I was embarrased to watch it. I wish I had seen this when I was 12 and with a javelin sticking out of my head; unfortunatley that is the only way I think this film would offer any sort of entertainment.

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Wapitikev   04-01-2008, 05:00 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:Peter Jackson returning to his horror roots . . . slapstick comedy horror for RJ? Can you imagine RJ drinking a dishful of Rakosh vomit?

I thought he already did that in his deal with the Otherness that he struck in order to make a worthy adaptation of Lord of the Rings.

bones weep tedium Wrote:Ridley Scott would never do it.

Isn't this guy tired of epics, yet? You're right of course, but it would be amazing.

bones weep tedium Wrote:Marc Forster is the man responsible for the death of my parents. I will never give him my seal of approval.

My condolences on your loss.

bones weep tedium Wrote:Timon 'N' Pumbaski is embarrasing. I had to stop Daywatch becasue I was embarrased to watch it. I wish I had seen this when I was 12 and with a javelin sticking out of my head; unfortunatley that is the only way I think this film would offer any sort of entertainment.
[/LIST]

I felt the same way about Episode I and II of Star Wars, so I sympathize. [checks off something on clipboard; mutters] Another vote against Timor.

-Wapitikev

Pages (9):    1 2 3 4 5 9