Pages (4): 1 2 3 4   
mkmfpwfan   12-01-2007, 09:00 PM
Hello!!! A big Texas Hi y’all to the FPW fan board, my husband and I are newdies…er newbies to the board. Wanted to give our story on how we stumbled on to the great FPW. I picked up a copy of the Thriller anthology because one of our recent new favorite author, Lee Child, wrote a story called “James Penny’s New Identity” in the book. Just so happened that FPW also wrote a little story in the book called, “ Interlude At Duanes”. That was it! We were so hooked! I fell in love with RJ right there and then. We are now furiously reading the series in order and waiting to get our copy of All The Rage. I have loved them all so far and as it stands right now Legacies is my fav….can you say “Bad Santa”? J Both my husband and I are both amazed that it took us this long to find the great one himself, but look what we have in store to read! My eyes are twitching just thinking about it!

Okay, have a funny story to relate about a mistake I made between RJ and my other Jack, Jack Reacher by Lee Child, by the way who is a really good stand in while you are waiting for the next JR book to come out. He was an ARMY Ranger MP, but mustered out and is doing his own “fixit” situations across the country with nothing but a fake name and toothbrush in his pocket. I suggest that you read Killing Floor last, which is his first book and in One Shot see if you can figure out the mistake the editor didn’t catch.

Ok, back to my story, Jack R was involved in a book called Tripwire, which is a fantastic read btw, with the Stone’s, a kidnapped couple within the book. Mrs. Stone rocked and when the story was over, their storyline wasn’t at least not for me. But at the time, I was doing so much reading that I got RJ and JR mixed up and found myself out on FPW’s site trying to figure out where the Stone’s story picked up in their own book…they needed one! It took me several minutes to realize that not only did I not have the right hero, I didn’t even have the right author. I felt like a complete idiot and was obviously burning one of my last two brain cells. So to FPW, if you know LC please tell him the Stones need their own story…I need closure!

We are thrilled to be here! Mark and Keri Cool
Dave F   12-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Welcome aboard

You could be in for a treat soon, with a possible limited Legacies

You gotta love the Santa fix!

I read killing floor a while back & quite enjoyed it, but not bought the rest yet. Always seems to be something alse just ahead on my reading list!

The artist formally known as Britfan
Miskatonic & Gin   12-01-2007, 11:52 PM
Welcome to the boards!

Cthulhu for President!

Why vote for a lesser evil? I can think of none better than the great old one, who should return from his slumber to take over the U.S. government and make this country a whole hell of a lot better as the leader of our executive branch. Or destroy it and drive everyone insane, kill us all, or something really nasty! Remember, Cthulhu for President, why vote for the lesser of two evils? Wink
webby   12-02-2007, 03:27 AM
[Image: welcome_smiley.gif]

Welcome Mark and Keri!
I'm also a big fan of Jack Reacher, but Repairman Jack will always be my #1 fix-it guy.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
fpw   12-02-2007, 09:51 AM
mkmfpwfan Wrote:So to FPW, if you know LC please tell him the Stones need their own story.
[SIZE="3"]I do know Lee (I'm not on his speed dialer and he's not on mine, but we do see each other occasionally) and I will mention to him that the Rolling Stones need their own story.

And welcome.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
mkmfpwfan   12-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Thanks FP...that is why you are the man!!! Cool Thanks to all for the welcome!
law dawg   12-02-2007, 01:13 PM
webby Wrote:[Image: welcome_smiley.gif]

Welcome Mark and Keri!
I'm also a big fan of Jack Reacher, but Repairman Jack will always be my #1 fix-it guy.
First welcome to Mark and Keri.

Second, I have to say my current favorite fix-it guy is a neck and neck competition between RJ and John Rain, with Reacher and Spenser a close second.

All-time? I don't know who can beat out Phillip Marlowe.

There's some good books out there.......

It's an 88 magnum. It shoots through schools.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-02-2007, 08:48 PM
mkmfpwfan Wrote:Hello!!! A big Texas Hi y’all to the FPW fan board, my husband and I are newdies…er newbies to the board. Wanted to give our story on how we stumbled on to the great FPW. I picked up a copy of the Thriller anthology because one of our recent new favorite author, Lee Child, wrote a story called “James Penny’s New Identity” in the book. Just so happened that FPW also wrote a little story in the book called, “ Interlude At Duanes”. That was it! We were so hooked! I fell in love with RJ right there and then. We are now furiously reading the series in order and waiting to get our copy of All The Rage. I have loved them all so far and as it stands right now Legacies is my fav….can you say “Bad Santa”? J Both my husband and I are both amazed that it took us this long to find the great one himself, but look what we have in store to read! My eyes are twitching just thinking

Okay, have a funny story to relate about a mistake I made between RJ and my other Jack, Jack Reacher by Lee Child, by the way who is a really good stand in while you are waiting for the next JR book to come out. He was an ARMY Ranger MP, but mustered out and is doing his own “fixit” situations across the country with nothing but a fake name and toothbrush in his pocket. I suggest that you read Killing Floor last, which is his first book and in One Shot see if you can figure out the mistake the editor didn’t catch.

Ok, back to my story, Jack R was involved in a book called Tripwire, which is a fantastic read btw, with the Stone’s, a kidnapped couple within the book. Mrs. Stone rocked and when the story was over, their storyline wasn’t at least not for me. But at the time, I was doing so much reading that I got RJ and JR mixed up and found myself out on FPW’s site trying to figure out where the Stone’s story picked up in their own book…they needed one! It took me several minutes to realize that not only did I not have the right hero, I didn’t even have the right author. I felt like a complete idiot and was obviously burning one of my last two brain cells. So to FPW, if you know LC please tell him the Stones need their own story…I need closure!

We are thrilled to be here! Mark and Keri Cool

Welcome to the board! Things are =never= dull here! (Dadburnit it, Ken...now what do you mean by, "Sometimes they are dull."?)
Silverfish   12-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Welcome to the board.

Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
luthie2   12-02-2007, 11:42 PM
Welcome to the board, Mark and Keri!

I really enjoy the Jack Reacher books as well. I whipped through the whole lot of them pretty darn quick. Smile

-Luthie
Pages (4): 1 2 3 4