Pages (9):    1 2 3 4 5 6 9   
Scott Miller   11-14-2007, 01:24 PM
metllicamilitia Wrote:Hey, I'm not a comic book geek, I've never really owned any comic books.

Me too and I went as far as being a collector in my younger days. Nowadays I just check out the trades as they appear in my libraries.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
beowulf   11-14-2007, 05:45 PM
metllicamilitia Wrote:Hey, I'm not a comic book geek, I've never really owned any comic books. The only comic books I've ever owned were Archangels, which is a religious comic book, and I got them from a friend's mom or grandma, can't remember which. I did used to watch the X-Men cartoons and Spider-Man cartoons though. I've seen all the X-Men movies and almost all the Spidey one's, I haven't seen the third yet.

Do yourself a BIG favor...don't see the third Spidey movie...it was "pants"

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."
Scott Miller   11-14-2007, 06:04 PM
beowulf Wrote:Do yourself a BIG favor...don't see the third Spidey movie...it was "pants"

You are one quick learner and I agree wholeheartedly about III, I might even go so far to god awful 'pants'.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Amon   11-14-2007, 08:50 PM
I was something of a collector of comics back when I was 10-12, but I lost interest. The only comics I advidly read nowadays are manga.

Quote:That's right, Batman had him down and beaten.

In DK2 he does it again. In Superman's own words, ''He took me apart like a highschool geometry project'', though that is far from the best graphic novel ever written.

If Superman was even remotely intelligent, he'd start lacing his suit with lead. Afterall, it's not like he could die of lead-poisoning, and it'd be more convenient (especially on Smallville, where the writers find any and every convenient way of having Clark exposed to kryptonite at a crucial moment).
Silverfish   11-15-2007, 03:00 PM
...it was "pants"

This is now my new favorite saying. Thanks Bones!

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
beowulf   11-15-2007, 03:19 PM
Silverfish Wrote:
...it was "pants"

This is now my new favorite saying. Thanks Bones!

I've already used it in my daily life, needless to say Long Islanders just look at me funny when I tell them I think their driving is 'pants'

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."
bones weep tedium   11-16-2007, 06:26 AM
I am so pleased to be spreading my pants around the world Wink

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Bluesman Mike Lindner   11-19-2007, 12:05 AM
metllicamilitia Wrote:Okay, okay, do you realize just how hard you would have to hit Logan to knock him out? He has rapid healing, a hard punch wouldn't affect him that much, and his bones are antimantium (sp?) as well too. It's all over in his body, so it would take a great deal of force to harm Logan. Spider-Man has spidey sense, and can crawl on walls. He shoots his web, by the time Spidey gets to him, Logan's already cut the web. The argument is over, Wolverine owns Spidey.

Please, met. You're still a young man, so you don't know yet. Listen to an old head. Spidey, not a contest. Don't underestimate the webbing as an offensive weapon. And as I posted before, Spider Man (admittedly juiced=up) KO'd the Hulk.

I'm certain Paul would agree.
RichE   11-19-2007, 12:17 AM
Tell you all the truth I was a fan of Jim Hammond-The Original Torch (a friend of mine said he never understood why Marvel never invested in this guy-he was the 1st hero they had and there was great potential never used ( he is actually going to start a book on the history of comics and Big Little Books).
Bluesman Mike Lindner   11-19-2007, 12:02 PM
RichE Wrote:Tell you all the truth I was a fan of Jim Hammond-The Original Torch (a friend of mine said he never understood why Marvel never invested in this guy-he was the 1st hero they had and there was great potential never used ( he is actually going to start a book on the history of comics and Big Little Books).

I figger, Rich, Marvel had a great ah-deer in the early 60s: appeal to young guys who are tired of DC. Give 'em heroes they can identify with, want to find out more about. "Yeah...I feel like that too, but nobody understands." Hence we got some great characters--the FF Human Torch, Spidey, and for jocks, my man Ben Grimm. And let's not forget an entire =crew= of outcasts, the X Men. You were smart, but didn't fit in? No problemo. There was a Marvel hero just like you.
Pages (9):    1 2 3 4 5 6 9