Pages (9):    1 5 6 7 8 9
KRW   02-04-2008, 09:05 PM
beowulf Wrote:...I liked Knight Rider...but not nearly as much as Air Wolf!

That's it!!!! You can talk about Spidey and Wolverine, and even Richie Rich! But when you start talking about Air Wolf ........... one man has it down perfect.

Ernest Cline.
http://www.ernestcline.com/spokenword/

Just underneath the schematic of Air Wolf, click on the fourth speech entitled Air wolf and enjoy.Big Grin
beowulf   02-06-2008, 01:38 AM
KRW Wrote:That's it!!!! You can talk about Spidey and Wolverine, and even Richie Rich! But when you start talking about Air Wolf ........... one man has it down perfect.

Ernest Cline.
http://www.ernestcline.com/spokenword/

Just underneath the schematic of Air Wolf, click on the fourth speech entitled Air wolf and enjoy.Big Grin

Thank you for that....it was amazing....

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."
RichE   02-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Speakin along the lines of Air Wolf I always liked Smilin Mylin (stoner pilot) of The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers.
When alking about his experiances in Nam he would relate to our hapless heroes:
"We were just a happy-go-lucky bunch of kids, drinking a lot of booze, smokin a lot of grass,snorting up a lot of coke, doing a lot of speed, and reds, and opium, angel dust-you name it! My personal favorite was LSD-25...I recall one day I dropped 25 hits of 'THE RIGHT STUFF' just before a bomb run.. It came on just as I was beginning my approach to Hanoi..There was a flash of brilliant pure white light, and suddenly a whole squadron of Mig-21's appeared, all transparent and piloted by gorgeous Vietmanese women, totally nude, and all firing candy colored tracers, and there was flack in all the colors of the rainbow, as well as a few I never seen before...
And there we were, flopping and boiling and tweeting around in the sky, with wheels inside of wheels and colors that tasted like music, in a fulsome embrace of the purpleether-molasses!"
Fat Freddie: " So how did it end?"
Smilin Mylin: "I don't know! I never came down!"
RichE   02-18-2008, 02:01 PM
Anyone watch.....heh...KNIGHT RIDER?
Bluesman Mike Lindner   02-18-2008, 02:24 PM
RichE Wrote:Anyone watch.....heh...KNIGHT RIDER?

Would have, but it was on the same time as my BRADY BUNCH reruns.Sad
RichE   02-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Now you know why I like Smilin Mylin and The Freak Brothers!
Now if they were related to the Ashe Brothers (Smilin could be their Dad!).
beowulf   02-19-2008, 12:53 AM
RichE Wrote:Anyone watch.....heh...KNIGHT RIDER?

I watched it, I give it a 5 out of 10. I rated it that high for two reasons. I am a sucker for cool cars - the Shelby kicks ass AND Val Kilmer did a good job as KITT. Other than that the story was dry, the main character was uninteresting and very cliche (a good looking former ranger who is down on his luck). For every 10 minutes of movie there was 7 minutes of show, the movie literally broke every 10 minutes, while the whole thing lasted 2 hours I think the movie was probably an hour. SPOLIER - and the appearance of the Hoff was extremely abrupt and out of place. Personally I think the movie could have been decent but it fall VERY short.

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."
Pages (9):    1 5 6 7 8 9