Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5   
Richard Kendrick   07-26-2004, 01:33 PM
Who do you think will GET the part of Jack in the movie? NOT who do you like for it? or who would be good? just a prediction.

My prediction:

Seann William Scott Big Grin

[Image: m20.jpg]

Lately he's been warming up with a few action movies on the side.

RIK
Peter   07-26-2004, 06:40 PM
Frankly, I don't know. I do have a feeling that all the suggestions that have been made ( and, oh they have been many!) might be beyond the budget so he may well be played by a liitle/un known. If he's good that doesn't matter, of course if he's no good.....
SteveBlack   07-27-2004, 07:00 PM
I know Ed Norton is oft mentioned here on the group - he has the everyman look that Jack has. I think John Cusack has that same intensity that EN posesses. As long as it's not some pretty boy......

I always picture Rocky Balboa's trainer as Abe. Not Burgess Meredith, the bloke who was The Penguin but the other one - I think his name is Burt Young?

But as to who will actually get the role? Well, it's in the lap of the execs. I'm sure suitability wont come into it. Popularity will. If the execs thought they could get Hanks or Cruise for the role it'd be theirs in a heartbeat. I cant see either of these guys as Jack but the bottom line is bums on seats and huge actors such as The Two Toms can pull bigger crowds than almost anyone......

Steve
This post was last modified: 07-27-2004, 07:10 PM by SteveBlack.
Biggles   07-27-2004, 07:29 PM
Peter Wrote:Frankly, I don't know. I do have a feeling that all the suggestions that have been made ( and, oh they have been many!) might be beyond the budget so he may well be played by a liitle/un known. If he's good that doesn't matter, of course if he's no good.....

I could probably get the role, for several reasons:

1. I work cheap. Hell, I'll do it for free.
2. With digital technology, this 49 year old pot bellied bloke could probably be Jack.
3. I have acting experience. Well. sort of. I was an extra in Excessive Force, and I am a criminal defense attorney (now tell me that's not acting).
4. I work cheap. Yes, I know that was 1, but what the hell.

Big Grin

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Barry Lee Dejasu   07-28-2004, 08:15 AM
SteveBlack Wrote:I know Ed Norton is oft mentioned here on the group - he has the everyman look that Jack has.

Not to mention the whiny voice that the everyman has. Sorry, as much as I like Ed Norton, I feel like he's a poor choice.

Hugh Jackman, on the other hand, has been, is, and always will be the best choice...just ill-timed and too busy, sadly enough.

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
Kenji   07-28-2004, 10:40 AM
SteveBlack Wrote:I know Ed Norton is oft mentioned here on the group - he has the everyman look that Jack has. I think John Cusack has that same intensity that EN posesses. As long as it's not some pretty boy......

John Cusack is fine! A few days ago, I saw Grosse Point Blank. His role was hitman, and his gunshot style and action are almost perfect for Jack.

Quote:I always picture Rocky Balboa's trainer as Abe. Not Burgess Meredith, the bloke who was The Penguin but the other one - I think his name is Burt Young?

Yes, He is Burt Young. And his role was Rocky's brother-in-law.
Dave   07-28-2004, 10:45 AM
I think they'll give it to a well exposed (not like that!) TV actor.

Michael Varten from Alias. With Jennifer Garner gaining good exposure on the big screen I think they could hope lightening will strike twice.

Dave
Wizard   05-07-2006, 01:19 PM
Dave Wrote:I think they'll give it to a well exposed (not like that!) TV actor.

Michael Varten from Alias. With Jennifer Garner gaining good exposure on the big screen I think they could hope lightening will strike twice.

Dave

I always thought that guy would make a great Roland Deschain.

Far out.
Viscount Radu   05-07-2006, 01:58 PM
for Jack i think Eddie Cibrian from Invasion would be a good pick. he seems mild-looking enough, but can pull off really, really angry.

or Josh Hartnett (ok, he's late-twenties, not mid-thirties... but by the time the movie is getting filmed he might cast better)

or Eric Bana (you wouldn't like him when he's angry)

and if there is a sequel i vote Julian McMahon for Professor Salvatore Roma (or maybe Peter Wingfield)
Paul R   05-07-2006, 06:00 PM
No idea of his name, but I think the guy who plays the plumber/Teri Hatcher's on/off squeeze in Desperate Housewives (sorry, my memory is letting me down here - can't even remember his screen name, let alone his real name!) would make a good Jack. I'm assuming he would be within the budget limits too.
Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5