Pages (7):    1 2 3 4 5 7   
Kenji   10-09-2007, 07:52 AM
thisisatest Wrote:Steve D

I vote for John Woo. Re-watch The Killer and Hard-Boiled and tell me I'm wrong. Dare-ya. Triple-dog-dare-ya.

John Woo?!

Well, if he doesn't use white doves.......no problem. Big Grin
Sam   10-09-2007, 01:39 PM
An interesting - albeit, implausible - thought...

Auskar suggested Joss Whedon, a highly underrated director (imo.) But what about the director who created the (arguably) 2 most famous paranormal tv characters ever - Mulder and Scully.

Chris Carter

I wonder what a Carter/Whedon collaboration would be like? Since they have no TV ties to this film, they could take off the gloves and get a little dirty. Since this isn't a tv show-turned-movie, they've no obligation to the fans.

Imagine the sci-fi and paranormal fans that would flock to the theaters just because of those two.

I don't know if it would work, but it's an interesting thought. Well, in my mind anyway. Rolleyes

But if I have to pick one director it would be Michael Mann. He owes it to FPW. With interest.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
BK Akitas   10-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Michael Mann should be receiving a Restraining Order requiring him to stay a minimum of 100 Miles from any FPW work in progress or adaptions of.

What I've heard- Mennan Yapo but I don't know how serious it was.

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
thisisatest   10-09-2007, 11:35 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:Then go watch Windtalkers and Mission: Impossible III and tell us you're still serious. I dare ya. Rolleyes

Steve D

The man who directed The Killer and Hard-Boiled was the man I was talking about. Don't change the subject. Look carefully at the wording of my post.

Every director has his bombs, but he also has his classics. If Woo can make another classic out of RJ, that'll be great for us. But only the man who made those first two movies could make such a classic. The man who made the movies you mentioned couldn't. So, if I say the Mann who made Last of the Mohicans could make a good RJ movie, I'm not referring to the Mann who made The Keep. Remember, Coppola made the Godfather and Godfather III. Same man, different results.

Comprende? My wit is short, you may well understand.

"He knows more than you've ever forgotten...in your little finger." Laurel's Sister defending Stan to Oliver.
cobalt   10-09-2007, 11:54 PM
I've said it before, I'll say it again.....I liked the movie, The Keep. That one movie introduced me to FPW....I wanted more and sought out the books.

I really don't care who directs....just make the movie! Big Grin

EWMAN
law dawg   10-10-2007, 12:10 AM
Tony Scott.

Or if the Michael Mann shows up that did Collateral. That other Michael Mann need not apply.

It's an 88 magnum. It shoots through schools.
dejo   10-10-2007, 12:53 AM
Auskar Wrote:What about Antoine Fuqua?

I don't know much about what he's done except for The Replacement Killers, and I thought that was pretty great.
Of note, for me at least, have been Training Day, Tears of the Sun, King Arthur, and Shooter.
BK Akitas   10-10-2007, 02:51 AM
Dejo baby, check your PM's once in a while will ya? About your present Smile

Poor Cobalt..honey you are really hurting aren't ya?

I didn't see Collateral, I refuse to spend a cent on that couch jumping lunatic. Give me other examples of that director's work please Smile

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
bones weep tedium   10-10-2007, 05:28 AM

I don't know much about what he's done except for The Replacement Killers, and I thought that was pretty great.

Training Day was pretty good too, but King Arther stunk. Tears Of The Sun started out ok but started stinking pretty badly pretty quickly. I havent seen Shooter all the way through yet, but from what I've seen it looks ok, kinda like a Poor Man's Bourne. Rolleyes

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
GeraldRice   10-10-2007, 07:18 AM

I think he directed Training Day. He's pretty good at action and mixing some drama in. But he also did one of those Arthurian movies nobody saw (because it was bad).

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Pages (7):    1 2 3 4 5 7