Pages (7): 1 2 3 4 5 7   
thisisatest   10-07-2007, 11:41 PM
Steve D

I vote for John Woo. Re-watch The Killer and Hard-Boiled and tell me I'm wrong. Dare-ya. Triple-dog-dare-ya.

"He knows more than you've ever forgotten...in your little finger." Laurel's Sister defending Stan to Oliver.
Auskar   10-08-2007, 01:41 AM
Don't we have a thread for this already?
bones weep tedium   10-08-2007, 12:24 PM
thisisatest Wrote:Steve D

I vote for John Woo. Re-watch The Killer and Hard-Boiled and tell me I'm wrong. Dare-ya. Triple-dog-dare-ya.

Then go watch Windtalkers and Mission: Impossible III and tell us you're still serious. I dare ya. Rolleyes

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
dejo   10-08-2007, 02:46 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:Then go watch Windtalkers and Mission: Impossible III and tell us you're still serious. I dare ya. Rolleyes
You mean Mission: Impossible II, of course. Wink
III was directed by J.J. Abrams, of Alias and Lost fame.
GeraldRice   10-08-2007, 02:55 PM
dejo Wrote:You mean Mission: Impossible II, of course. Wink

I would throw Face/Off on that list as well. Less watchable with each viewing, methinks.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Auskar Wrote:Don't we have a thread for this already?

Yes, but it's in the pawnshop right now.

Yo, gang...let's be forgiving...let's give Michael Mann a second chance...

YOW! PAUL! WHERE'D YOU COME FROM? AND WHAT'S WITH THE MACHETE? THIS AIN'T FUNNY, MAN! AIN'T NOBODY LAUGHING AT YOUR SH
This post was last modified: 10-08-2007, 05:23 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
Ken Valentine   10-09-2007, 02:28 AM
bones weep tedium Wrote:Then go watch Windtalkers and Mission: Impossible III and tell us you're still serious. I dare ya. Rolleyes

Windtalkers . . . SHEESH! That was one of the stupidest movies I have ever seen.

Ken V.
bones weep tedium   10-09-2007, 04:44 AM
dejo Wrote:You mean Mission: Impossible II, of course. Wink

Yeah, that's the badger. The long hair, sunglasses, black leather jacket, motorcycle . . . it all screamed mid-life crisis Wink

John Woo just seems out of touch. He made a massive contribution in the '90s with The Killer and Hard Boiled, but even in those you can tell how he can't really sustain a story or develop characters. In a post-Matrix action movie world, he just ain't got what it takes.

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
bones weep tedium   10-09-2007, 04:48 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Yes, but it's in the pawnshop right now.

Yo, gang...let's be forgiving...let's give Michael Mann a second chance...

YOW! PAUL! WHERE'D YOU COME FROM? AND WHAT'S WITH THE MACHETE? THIS AIN'T FUNNY, MAN! AIN'T NOBODY LAUGHING AT YOUR SH

Michael Mann is one of my favourite directors. He'd actually be a pretty good choice to direct the RJ movie, as long as you made him promise not to mess around with the source material too much before he got stuck in.

Imagine if Tom Cruise in Collateral got transported to New York and locked in a ship's hold with a bunch of Rakoshi. Would be good. :p

I hate coppers.

Auskar   10-09-2007, 05:40 AM
What about Antoine Fuqua?

I don't know much about what he's done except for The Replacement Killers, and I thought that was pretty great.
Pages (7): 1 2 3 4 5 7