RepairmanJack.com Forums
Director for the RJ Movie? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Director for the RJ Movie? (/thread-2516.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Director for the RJ Movie? - thisisatest - 10-07-2007

Steve D

I vote for John Woo. Re-watch The Killer and Hard-Boiled and tell me I'm wrong. Dare-ya. Triple-dog-dare-ya.

Director for the RJ Movie? - Auskar - 10-08-2007

Don't we have a thread for this already?

Director for the RJ Movie? - bones weep tedium - 10-08-2007

thisisatest Wrote:Steve D

I vote for John Woo. Re-watch The Killer and Hard-Boiled and tell me I'm wrong. Dare-ya. Triple-dog-dare-ya.

Then go watch Windtalkers and Mission: Impossible III and tell us you're still serious. I dare ya. Rolleyes

Director for the RJ Movie? - dejo - 10-08-2007

bones weep tedium Wrote:Then go watch Windtalkers and Mission: Impossible III and tell us you're still serious. I dare ya. Rolleyes
You mean Mission: Impossible II, of course. Wink
III was directed by J.J. Abrams, of Alias and Lost fame.

Director for the RJ Movie? - GeraldRice - 10-08-2007

dejo Wrote:You mean Mission: Impossible II, of course. Wink

I would throw Face/Off on that list as well. Less watchable with each viewing, methinks.

Director for the RJ Movie? - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 10-08-2007

Auskar Wrote:Don't we have a thread for this already?

Yes, but it's in the pawnshop right now.

Yo, gang...let's be forgiving...let's give Michael Mann a second chance...

YOW! PAUL! WHERE'D YOU COME FROM? AND WHAT'S WITH THE MACHETE? THIS AIN'T FUNNY, MAN! AIN'T NOBODY LAUGHING AT YOUR SH

Director for the RJ Movie? - Ken Valentine - 10-09-2007

bones weep tedium Wrote:Then go watch Windtalkers and Mission: Impossible III and tell us you're still serious. I dare ya. Rolleyes

Windtalkers . . . SHEESH! That was one of the stupidest movies I have ever seen.

Ken V.

Director for the RJ Movie? - bones weep tedium - 10-09-2007

dejo Wrote:You mean Mission: Impossible II, of course. Wink

Yeah, that's the badger. The long hair, sunglasses, black leather jacket, motorcycle . . . it all screamed mid-life crisis Wink

John Woo just seems out of touch. He made a massive contribution in the '90s with The Killer and Hard Boiled, but even in those you can tell how he can't really sustain a story or develop characters. In a post-Matrix action movie world, he just ain't got what it takes.

Director for the RJ Movie? - bones weep tedium - 10-09-2007

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Yes, but it's in the pawnshop right now.

Yo, gang...let's be forgiving...let's give Michael Mann a second chance...

YOW! PAUL! WHERE'D YOU COME FROM? AND WHAT'S WITH THE MACHETE? THIS AIN'T FUNNY, MAN! AIN'T NOBODY LAUGHING AT YOUR SH

Michael Mann is one of my favourite directors. He'd actually be a pretty good choice to direct the RJ movie, as long as you made him promise not to mess around with the source material too much before he got stuck in.

Imagine if Tom Cruise in Collateral got transported to New York and locked in a ship's hold with a bunch of Rakoshi. Would be good. :p

Director for the RJ Movie? - Auskar - 10-09-2007

What about Antoine Fuqua?

I don't know much about what he's done except for The Replacement Killers, and I thought that was pretty great.