Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
Flinx   08-31-2007, 08:21 AM
ImDeranged Wrote:80-100 new titles a month, so yeah I know poverty already. Most of the core Marvel Universe (Non-X titles) and a good portion of DC. I'm am a proud owner of a complete run of Daredevil going back to issue #1 in 1964. I'm working on a complete run of Cerebus, I finally found a first issue a few months back. As well as over 70 DC Archive editions. Which include several of Will Eisner Spirit. One of the things I love about RMJ is he's an Eisner fan. And yes my house can be like his where I buy things and have no idea where to put them. How about you? What do you collect? And are ther any other comic book fans here. I've seen Dark Knight threads so I'm assuming there are a few.
I collect a few titles but certainly not as many as you.
Marvel; Power Pack, Exiles, Spider-Girl, all the Ultimate titles.
DC; Justice Society, JSA Classified, Hawkgirl, all Green Lantern titles, Blue Beetle, all the Crisis/52 tie-ins, any Elseworlds or Tangent titles
Other companies; Astro City, Hellboy, Planetary
I'm a fan of alternate history/stories, so a lot of my comic choices reflect this. I've manged to collect almost all the Elseworlds titles & their various reprints. I think I'm only missing the Kingdom Come tpb 1st printing.
I've also started collecting the original comic book art.
WGB   08-31-2007, 11:05 AM
ImDeranged Wrote:80-100 new titles a month, so yeah I know poverty already. Most of the core Marvel Universe (Non-X titles) and a good portion of DC. I'm am a proud owner of a complete run of Daredevil going back to issue #1 in 1964. I'm working on a complete run of Cerebus, I finally found a first issue a few months back. As well as over 70 DC Archive editions. Which include several of Will Eisner Spirit. One of the things I love about RMJ is he's an Eisner fan. And yes my house can be like his where I buy things and have no idea where to put them. How about you? What do you collect? And are ther any other comic book fans here. I've seen Dark Knight threads so I'm assuming there are a few.

I used to collect comic books. I have an almost complete run of X-Men / Uncanny X-Men starting with #1 through the year 1996 when I stopped collecting. I also have lots of key issues of numerous major titles and lots of short runs on various titles that I gave up collecting to concentrate on completing my “X” runs (several spin offs as well). Still, if I saw a new title come out I would always pick up the first few issues to check them out.
Scott Miller   08-31-2007, 12:03 PM

Holy Snikeys! Even at my peak, I was a mere dabbler compared to you. I collected The Avengers, X-Men, Daredevil religiously and a few other titles randomly from 1977-1982 essentially. Around 1997 I discovered Sandman which led to resurgence in my interest but I have shallow pockets so I am at the mercy of whatever the libraries I frequent have available. Through this sort hunting I have begun collecting the trades for Fables. My son is developing an interest, although more in the graphic novels than in the monthlies.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Dave F   08-31-2007, 03:06 PM
Jeff B.

I used to collect comics, mainly Marvel. These days I just tend to collect & read graphic novels & comic collections rather than the comics themselves.

Just finished Slaine Book of invasions & reread Slaine the horned god

I also love the sandman series

The artist formally known as Britfan
dejo   09-01-2007, 10:55 AM
Welcome to the boards, Jeff! Glad to hear you are getting such enjoyment from FPW's works.

Oh, by the way, Repairman Jack is pretty much always abbreviated to RJ and not RMJ. Smile
Silverfish   09-01-2007, 08:26 PM
Welcome to the board.

Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Miskatonic & Gin   09-03-2007, 02:06 AM
Welcome to the boards!

Cthulhu for President!

Why vote for a lesser evil? I can think of none better than the great old one, who should return from his slumber to take over the U.S. government and make this country a whole hell of a lot better as the leader of our executive branch. Or destroy it and drive everyone insane, kill us all, or something really nasty! Remember, Cthulhu for President, why vote for the lesser of two evils? Wink
webby   09-03-2007, 12:21 PM
[Image: welcome.gif]

Your story sounds so familiar, says she who spent just $1.00 on a copy of The Tomb one fateful day... Wink

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bluesman Mike Lindner   09-03-2007, 04:02 PM
webby Wrote:[Image: welcome.gif]

Your story sounds so familiar, says she who spent just $1.00 on a copy of The Tomb one fateful day... Wink

"It has a pretty cover," she thought. "I bet I'll like this book! Girl Scout cookies will have to wait for another day!"
phoenix rising   09-03-2007, 04:18 PM
And low and behold she bypassed the thin mints and was drawn into a world like none she'd ever imagined......
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4