Pages (3):    1 2 3
Alvin Fox   10-01-2009, 11:17 PM
I don't know how to feel about this. I sent Cemetery Dance an email yesterday asking when Sims Book 5 will be coming out (the status for some time has been 'It's currently at the printer'.) and that was it. I just asked for a release date. I haven't ordered it because I don't like my preorders to sit around for years. The response was:

yes, we’re very sorry, it’s been way too long. We are happy to issue you a refund? I don’t have a specific date at this time. Thanks for your patience thus far.

Is that standard practice? To automatically offer a refund? I just hope that one day the final slot for the Sims limited editions on my bookshelf will be filled.
fpw   10-02-2009, 08:12 AM
I can't recall ever hearing of CD offering a refund. This should be read as: No, we won't be doing #5. It also means they've been lying all this time about it being at the printer.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
ccosborne3   10-02-2009, 08:37 AM
Perhaps a refund of all five books is in order. What's the point of owning the first four if it's not a complete set? I'd send them back.
Anders Monsen   10-11-2009, 01:33 AM
AlvinFox Wrote:Pfft. That message has been on there since at least last summer. Every independent publisher has a few books that they keep saying they'll publish soon. Gauntlet's finally coming out with Legacies after I preordered it a year ago. Night Shade Books has a William Hope Hodgson collection that's 3 or 4 years overdue. And 2 Clark Ashton Smith collections that are almost 2 years overdue. Just make sure you keep your address up to date if you preorder anything.

Not to mention Underwood's combined Cugel the Clever that was promised nearly a decade ago still remains vaporware.
Alvin Fox   12-05-2009, 10:41 PM
In Cemetery Dance's latest newsletter it says that Sims #5 will be coming out soon. With no more than 11 other books ahead of it.

Quote:Scratch by Brian Keene and The Innswich Horror by Edward Lee are almost completed at the printer and should be shipping to us at the end of the month or early next year. The following books are moving along at the printer and should be shipping to us very soon after those two:

Last Exit For the Lost by Tim Lebbon
Occasional Demons by Rick Hautala
Butterfly by Simon Clark
The Turtle Boy: Peregrine's Tale by Kealan Patrick Burke
The Forum by James Newman
Halloween: New Poems edited by Al Sarrantonio

After those are completed, the printers should be able to finish up these titles: Futile Efforts by Tom Piccirilli, Hell Hollow by Ronald Kelly, Sims 5 by F. Paul Wilson, and Lilja's Library: The World of Stephen King by Hans-Ake Lilja.

They even have a picture of the cover up now.

[Image: wilsonf05.gif]
fpw   12-06-2009, 10:04 AM
AlvinFox Wrote:In Cemetery Dance's latest newsletter it says that Sims #5 will be coming out soon. With no more than 11 other books ahead of it.
Having a cover is a good sign - and it's a pretty cool cover.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Silverfish   12-06-2009, 12:50 PM
That is a neat cover. I like the DNA as a background.

Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Sourdoughs   12-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Ah, they keep the hopes alive! Thanks for the update.

-MarcC
t4terrific   12-08-2009, 09:54 PM
This would be a great release! After years, to finally have the set completed, would be sweet!

AlvinFox Wrote:In Cemetery Dance's latest newsletter it says that Sims #5 will be coming out soon. With no more than 11 other books ahead of it.

They even have a picture of the cover up now.

[Image: wilsonf05.gif]
Pages (3):    1 2 3