Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
Blake   10-20-2006, 01:10 PM
fpw Wrote:"I propose that Repairman Jack is not for anyone who is serious about filling his mind with the good things of Christ."

[SIZE="3"]Should I send this to my publisher to add to the cover Bloodline?[/SIZE]

Yes, but only on the condition that you credit it properly under the blogger's name: "Rosie O'Blowhard". Just to give it that little taste of quiet intelligence and credibility, you see.

Blake

Please support Friends of Washoe.
Ossicle   10-20-2006, 01:40 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]It's been a good week. So far I'm a jew-baiting, arab-hating, anti-christian homophobe. Let's see who else I can offend.[/SIZE]
I really wish you'd ease up on the hyphenated constructions.
Auskar   10-20-2006, 06:09 PM
I don't see an "About" link on that guys blog. As a web developer, I think ever site should disclose who is behind it, so I start off biased.

However, it is on a sub-domain (probably way down on the food chain), his religion is Eastern Orthodox, and he didn't rant on and on or anything. He just expressed his religious opinion and he tried to be a little bit humorous as he did it.

Good thing he didn't read the vampire novel.

Give him a break.
fpw   10-21-2006, 02:03 AM
Ossicle Wrote:I really wish you'd ease up on the hyphenated constructions.

Last I heard, compounds in attributive use are hyphenated. At least in English. What language are you referring to?

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Ken Valentine   10-21-2006, 02:11 AM
Keith the Elder Wrote:You stereotype them all as hanging out in fern bars and drinking white wine spritzers

You mean they don't?

Ken V.
Ken Valentine   10-21-2006, 03:26 AM
Keith the Elder Wrote:You stereotype them all as hanging out in fern bars and drinking white wine spritzers

Oh! And don't forget eating Brie and driving Volvo's.

Ken V.
gus3   10-21-2006, 07:40 AM
Auskar Wrote:I don't see an "About" link on that guys blog.

And you won't. I'm expecting some radical Muslim to put a fatwa on my head any day now. That, and I don't particularly want my ex-wife looking for my name and finding that weblog. OTOH, fair's fair; I do allow comments using unverified identities.

For what it's worth, I'd like to post a general reply to this thread. Since this seems to be where the more vigorous discussion is, if FPW doesn't mind me putting it here, I will. If he doesn't want to risk me using his forum as my own soapbox when I already have my own, that's OK too. Either way, it will have to be after I get some sleep.
Biggles   10-21-2006, 09:03 AM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]It's been a good week. So far I'm a jew-baiting, arab-hating, anti-christian homophobe. Let's see who else I can offend.[/SIZE]

You don't like lawyers, do you?

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
XamberB   10-21-2006, 11:27 AM
fpw Wrote:It's been a good week. So far I'm a jew-baiting, arab-hating, anti-christian homophobe. Let's see who else I can offend.

LOL, keep up the good work, Paul. You'll become another Salman Rushdie! Cool

Hazel Stone
(A true, blue Fan)

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. RAH
fpw   10-21-2006, 12:09 PM
gus3 Wrote:For what it's worth, I'd like to post a general reply to this thread. Since this seems to be where the more vigorous discussion is, if FPW doesn't mind me putting it here, I will.

Post away, Gus. I think it could be interesting. We run the political and religious gamut here. A family of sorts, one that likes to argue, with members who occasionally piss each other off. Ad hominem attacks are verboten, otherwise anything goes. We ban only spammers. We have a recurrent troll we keep around as a sort of amusing pet -- because most regulars block his posts, very few even know he's around.

You might want to start a new thread, something like "Theology and Repairman Jack" or "Christianity vs Repairman Jack" or whatever (it'll be your thread).

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6