Pages (10): 1 2 3 4 5 10   
fpw   10-18-2006, 09:43 AM
[SIZE="3"]I've told the Beacon folks that I'd like to see a lady with a dog in the background of a few scenes. They seem to like the idea.

How about the rest of you? Shall we create a wish list of things we'd like to see in the film? You don't have to limit yourselves to [SIZE="3"]The Tomb[/SIZE].[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
cobalt   10-18-2006, 09:48 AM
That sounds wonderful. When they show Jack's apartment, have all of his neat stuff in the backround. A box of Quisp on the table.
This could be fun!

EWMAN
XamberB   10-18-2006, 10:02 AM
I'd like to see Jack getting his stack of videos together for one of his horror marathons. And, as Cobalt wrote, I'd like to see Jack's apartment, packed with the items he collected.

I'd also like to see Julio's Bar as it is described in the RJ books. One of the things that made the original Star Wars movies so thrilling for me was the chance to actually see a low-life, spaceport dive. I hope that Julio's Bar is portrayed just as realistically. I'd like to see a bunch of Union guys having a beer after work, not the typical fashionable Manhattanites sipping wine.

Hazel Stone
(A true, blue Fan)

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. RAH
Kenji   10-18-2006, 10:05 AM
I want to hear this Jack's line in the movie. "I believe I've been Kama Sutraed."

Big Grin
Kenji   10-18-2006, 10:08 AM
XamberB Wrote:
I'd like to see Jack getting his stack of videos together for one of his horror marathons. And, as Cobalt wrote, I'd like to see Jack's apartment, packed with the items he collected.

Beta Max? or DVD player? Big Grin

Quote:
I'd like to see a bunch of Union guys having a beer after work, not the typical fashionable Manhattanites sipping wine.

Ah! Maybe Bluesman Mike would be in the Bar for cameo.Big Grin
jimbow8   10-18-2006, 10:11 AM
I'm with cobalt. I'd like to see some Quisp stuff and other assorted "collectibles" - Daddy Warbucks, etc. It would also be cool, if you can get the movie rights, to see Jack watching some of his favorite movies. Was it his James Whale festival during The Tomb? Maybe a snippet from Frankenstein or Bride of Frankenstein ....

I hope this means that significant progress is being made. Big Grin

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
XamberB   10-18-2006, 10:22 AM
Kenji Wrote:Ah! Maybe Bluesman Mike would be in the Bar for cameo.Big Grin

Bluesman Mike goes to more hippie-type bars in the Village. I think Julio's is more of a working man's bar.

Hazel Stone
(A true, blue Fan)

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. RAH
JF1ID   10-18-2006, 10:29 AM
I'd really like to see all of the flashback sequences in India, with Westphalen plotting, leading the expedition, and raiding the temple, etc. told the same way as in the novel, not crammed into the beginning or just alluded to in the film's present by the characters... That would kick major ass, in my opinion...

"Fear is the foundation of most governments; but it is so sordid & brutal a passion, & renders men in whose breasts it predominates, so stupid & miserable, that Americans will not be likely to approve of any political institution which is founded on it" -John Adams
jimbow8   10-18-2006, 10:32 AM
JF1ID Wrote:I'd really like to see all of the flashback sequences in India, with Westphalen plotting, leading the expedition, and raiding the temple, etc. told the same way as in the novel, not crammed into the beginning or just alluded to in the film's present by the characters... That would kick major ass, in my opinion...
Last word was that it was being changed to China somehow. :confused: :mad:

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
JF1ID   10-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Which bugs me... too "Big Trouble in Little China-ish" for me, IMHO ...
This post was last modified: 10-18-2006, 12:28 PM by JF1ID.

"Fear is the foundation of most governments; but it is so sordid & brutal a passion, & renders men in whose breasts it predominates, so stupid & miserable, that Americans will not be likely to approve of any political institution which is founded on it" -John Adams
Pages (10): 1 2 3 4 5 10