Pages (2): 1 2   
Maggers   10-02-2006, 01:33 PM
For me, one of the ways I determine the quality of a book is if I want to read it again. I'm now on my 4th re-read of "The Tomb," and it's still wonderful, fresh and exhilarating.

There are no other authors for whom I feel such an attachment. FPW, you are unique.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Maggers Wrote:For me, one of the ways I determine the quality of a book is if I want to read it again. I'm now on my 4th re-read of "The Tomb," and it's still wonderful, fresh and exhilarating.

There are no other authors for whom I feel such an attachment. FPW, you are unique.

Doesn't Heinlein rate too?
Scott Hajek   10-02-2006, 03:34 PM
I just finished the "definitive" version of "The Tomb" a few days ago. It's only the second time through for this book. But, WOW!!! I forgot how damn good it is. It's all the nuances that I didn't remember from over 15 years ago, but it was a blast from start to finish... This is one of those books that makes you a fan for life!

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Jamo   10-02-2006, 04:17 PM
The Germans don't get it!!!! Waaaah!
I ordered it 2 months ago. there it was said, that they send it in 1 month. Now they are 1 month too late. I wrote them an email. They said it takes a little bit of time but they will have a special look at my order...

"Dem ago call a war a holy war...but if a war is holy....what unholy stands for?
(Gentleman)

Visit my private Portfolio on www.manufolio.de
fpw   10-02-2006, 06:59 PM
Jamo Wrote:The Germans don't get it!!!! Waaaah!
I ordered it 2 months ago. there it was said, that they send it in 1 month. Now they are 1 month too late. I wrote them an email. They said it takes a little bit of time but they will have a special look at my order...

[SIZE="3"]They're coming. The translation took longer than anticipated because no one realized that the original German version was abridged. Festa will be giving you the full text. Advance orders have exceeded the planned first print run so that will be expanded.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
ccosborne3   10-02-2006, 08:15 PM
Maggers Wrote:For me, one of the ways I determine the quality of a book is if I want to read it again. I'm now on my 4th re-read of "The Tomb," and it's still wonderful, fresh and exhilarating.

I know what you mean. I'm getting ready to pick up Blackwind for the gabillionth time. It never gets old. I am mucho looking forward to the Blackwind limited Edition from Borderlands.
jimbow8   10-02-2006, 08:25 PM

I think that I have read it (the original version) four times also (maybe only three), but I have not yet read Rakoshi.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
cobalt   10-02-2006, 09:15 PM
Now there's an idea for the coming cold winter season. My couch, a blanket on my feet, a cup of hot coffee, dogs snuggled at my side and the RMJ cycle to re-read! Fabulous idea Maggers......I'll start with "The Tomb".

EWMAN
Jamo   10-03-2006, 07:35 AM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]They're coming. The translation took longer than anticipated because no one realized that the original German version was abridged. Festa will be giving you the full text. Advance orders have exceeded the planned first print run so that will be expanded.[/SIZE]

Okay, thanks for this answer. Good to know. I had strong feelings about that, because there are NO infos on http://www.amazon.de so....I never know what's up with my order ^^^

Now, one question, Who is Festa?

greets

"Dem ago call a war a holy war...but if a war is holy....what unholy stands for?
(Gentleman)

Visit my private Portfolio on www.manufolio.de
XamberB   10-03-2006, 07:42 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:Now there's an idea for the coming cold winter season. My couch, a blanket on my feet, a cup of hot coffee, dogs snuggled at my side and the RMJ cycle to re-read! Fabulous idea Maggers......I'll start with "The Tomb".
Sounds great except I'll make that a glass of wine and cats to cuddle with. Also think I'll start with The Keep. Wink

Hazel Stone
(A true, blue Fan)

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. RAH
Pages (2): 1 2