Pages (3): 1 2 3   
cobalt   10-01-2006, 11:31 AM
I have the opportunity to purchase a copy of Freakshow. Forgive my naivete' but, is there a FPW story in the book? I see it on the cross reference, but where does it fit into things?

EWMAN
Scott Miller   10-01-2006, 11:42 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:I have the opportunity to purchase a copy of Freakshow. Forgive my naivete' but, is there a FPW story in the book? I see it on the cross reference, but where does it fit into things?

Buy it; there is a FPW interspersed throughout the entire book that probably runs about30-40 pages that is very good and it definitely has a place in the RJ universe. The rest of the anthology, like most anthologies, is a bit uneven. There are several good stories, a few average ones and a couple of clunkers.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
cobalt   10-01-2006, 11:43 AM
Thanks! Smile Another jewel in the collection to be added!

EWMAN
XamberB   10-01-2006, 12:24 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:Thanks! Smile Another jewel in the collection to be added!

There's a good review of it from Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Freak-Show-F-Paul-...F8&s=books

Hazel Stone
(A true, blue Fan)

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. RAH
fpw   10-01-2006, 12:39 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:I have the opportunity to purchase a copy of Freakshow. Forgive my naivete' but, is there a FPW story in the book? I see it on the cross reference, but where does it fit into things?

I have rewritten my parts of the anthology, added new characters and subplots, and gathered it all together as =The Peabody-Prather Traveling Circus & Oddity Emporium=. It will be published in the near future by a small press. You'll hear about it soon. Ozymandias Prather appears in =All the Rage=, but these events occur in the spring-summer following =Harbingers=.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
XamberB   10-01-2006, 01:19 PM
fpw Wrote:I have rewritten my parts of the anthology, added new characters and subplots, and gathered it all together as =The Peabody-Prather Traveling Circus & Oddity Emporium=. It will be published in the near future by a small press. You'll hear about it soon. Ozymandias Prather appears in =All the Rage=, but these events occur in the spring-summer following =Harbingers=.

Wow!!! Can't wait! Love the name. Smile

Hazel Stone
(A true, blue Fan)

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. RAH
jimbow8   10-01-2006, 01:42 PM
fpw Wrote:I have rewritten my parts of the anthology, added new characters and subplots, and gathered it all together as =The Peabody-Prather Traveling Circus & Oddity Emporium=. It will be published in the near future by a small press. You'll hear about it soon. Ozymandias Prather appears in =All the Rage=, but these events occur in the spring-summer following =Harbingers=.
Sweet!

I haven't read Freak Show; I always just assumed that it preceded RJ.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-01-2006, 09:12 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Buy it; there is a FPW interspersed throughout the entire book that probably runs about30-40 pages that is very good and it definitely has a place in the RJ universe. The rest of the anthology, like most anthologies, is a bit uneven. There are several good stories, a few average ones and a couple of clunkers.

What would you say were the clunkers, Scott?
cobalt   10-01-2006, 09:19 PM
COOL Cool When the newer version comes out, there's an order right here!

EWMAN
Maggers   10-01-2006, 10:06 PM
FREAKSHOW is mandatory reading for any FPW fan. For me, it explained a lot about Oz and his traveling circus, but mostly about Oz, himself. I loved it. Every story is rich and blends to make the oddest, freakiest whole. I look forward to the revised version. But by all means, read FREAKSHOW whenever, however you can.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (3): 1 2 3