Pages (10):    1 2 3 4 5 6 10   
Kenji   08-15-2006, 08:56 PM
Sean Connery is good for Jack's father. Or...Clint Eastwood.Wink
XamberB   08-16-2006, 07:58 AM
Kenji Wrote:Sean Connery is good for Jack's father. Or...Clint Eastwood.Wink
Yes, either would make a great "Dad". Who would play Tom? Abe?Smile

Hazel Stone
(A true, blue Fan)

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. RAH
Kenji   08-16-2006, 09:04 AM
XamberB Wrote:Yes, either would make a great "Dad". Who would play Tom? Abe?Smile

Abe is John Goodman. Tom Jr. is....Alec Baldwin, maybe?
XamberB   08-16-2006, 09:27 AM
Kenji Wrote:Abe is John Goodman. Tom Jr. is....Alec Baldwin, maybe?
I always pictured Tom as John Goodman and someone like Walter Matthau as Abe.

Hazel Stone
(A true, blue Fan)

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. RAH
Kenji   08-16-2006, 09:42 AM
XamberB Wrote:I always pictured Tom as John Goodman and someone like Walter Matthau as Abe.

Walter Matthau is dead.....

But if he's still alive, Jack Lemmon would play Jack. Surely, they are Odd Couple.Big Grin
Noelie   08-16-2006, 02:36 PM
Maggers Wrote:Good question because it can mean different things to different people. I am at a loss to put it into words, because, for me, faces can look British for different reasons. This guy is so thin, and there's something about the width of his forehead and the narrowness of his lower face that, when put together, spell "British" for me. Often it's an aquiline nose and thin-to-nonexistent lips.

There's more to it, but that's the best I can do for now.

That's about what I was going to say. It's really hard to explain the exact features that add up to "That guy is English" for me, but it's definitely there.

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
XamberB   08-16-2006, 03:11 PM
Kenji Wrote:Jack Lemmon would play Jack. Surely, they are Odd Couple.Big Grin
Sounds good to me!!!Big Grin

Hazel Stone
(A true, blue Fan)

Maggers   08-16-2006, 03:14 PM
Kenji Wrote:Abe is John Goodman...
John Goodman is so NOT Jewish, for me any way. I don't see Goodman as Abe at all.

Judd Hirsch would make a great Abe, as would the INCREDIBLE Alan Arkin, if he wore a fat suit. Alan Arkin is thin and Abe, as we know, likes his Entenmanns.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Tony H   08-16-2006, 03:21 PM
Maggers Wrote:John Goodman is so NOT Jewish, for me any way. I don't see Goodman as Abe at all.

Judd Hirsch would make a great Abe, as would the INCREDIBLE Alan Arkin, if he wore a fat suit. Alan Arkin is thin and Abe, as we know, likes his Entenmanns.

Maggers, you and I share a brain. I always see Judd Hirsch when I read Abe. Could be due to his role in ID though, but it just fits.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
jimbow8   08-16-2006, 03:35 PM
AsMoral Wrote:Maggers, you and I share a brain. I always see Judd Hirsch when I read Abe. Could be due to his role in ID though, but it just fits.
Poor, poor Maggers! Wink

I could see Dennis Franz, maybe.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Pages (10):    1 2 3 4 5 6 10