Pages (10): 1 2 3 4 5 10   
Gypsy4ever   08-12-2006, 03:58 PM
It's offical, I'm in love.
Take a look at me avatar.
His name is David Tennant. Currently played Doctor number 10 on the hit BBC series 'Doctor Who', which unfortunetly does not come to the US until sometime around October. I've done the unthinkable and watched some of David's Doctor Who episodes on Youtube.com. I've become something of a spoiler junkie in regards to that.
Anyways, David is....well....gorgeous! But besides that he has an air of the everyman about him. He is so...normal, and I think the actor who plays Jack needs that air about him.
One think I don't want is a well known name to play him, I think that would be a huge mistake.
And I just adore David. And I adore Jack. What could be more perfect?

Mr. Wilson, if you read this, please, please, please, don't let Hollywood to do Jack what they did to another favorite character of mine, one Robert Langdon. Much as I love Tom Hanks, all I saw in the movie was TOM HANKS...not Rober Langdon.
As the creator of such a wonderful character as Jack, I believe you need to put your foot down in regards to who plays him. You said in the recent past that we the reader would not like the choice that was made. That phrase gives me a bad, bad, feeling. If we don't like the actor, just what makes you think we'd like the movie?
To connect to Jack on screen the way we have to him in the books, he needs to be played by someone we can indenify with. We someone real.
To me, David Tennant is as real as they come.
Please, give him a look. All Jack fans,...not to mention all Doctor Who fans...will be pleased.

http://www.david-tennant.com
This post was last modified: 08-12-2006, 04:02 PM by Gypsy4ever.
Maggers   08-12-2006, 04:17 PM
Hmm....sorry, but it's a big NO for me. Unless those pictures don't do him justice, he is absolutely NOT Jack for me.

Just one woman's opinion.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Gypsy4ever   08-12-2006, 04:30 PM
We obviously are not looking at the same man.
To each their own. Not all woman find the same man attractive.
I don't really like the 'in your face' type of pretty boy. That is what makes David so darn attractive to me. It's not all that evident at first.
You really have to look at all the pictures on the sight. The great thing about David is that he has some great facial expressions, and rarely looks the same in any two photographs.
But as for a physical discription, he fits Jack very well.
Medium height, medium build (alright, David is kinda skinny, but he could bulk up a little for the role), brown hair, brown eyes....it's all there.
And he has charm, which I think is a very improtant factor for Jack.

But we are all entitled to our opinions.
For me, I would rather see David as Jack then someone like Matt Damon. Or Johnny Depp (perish the thought! I think I would burn every movie screen in town), or God help us all, Orlando Bloom.
swyant   08-12-2006, 05:39 PM
Anybody but Matthew McConnehey (sp?). He ruined the Dirk Pitt character for me....
Jamo   08-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Maggers Wrote:Hmm....sorry, but it's a big NO for me. Unless those pictures don't do him justice, he is absolutely NOT Jack for me.

same like me

"Dem ago call a war a holy war...but if a war is holy....what unholy stands for?
(Gentleman)

Visit my private Portfolio on www.manufolio.de
XamberB   08-12-2006, 08:20 PM
swyant Wrote:Anybody but Matthew McConnehey (sp?). He ruined the Dirk Pitt character for me....
I feel the same way about Tom Cruise

Hazel Stone
(A true, blue Fan)

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. RAH
Kenji   08-12-2006, 10:12 PM
swyant Wrote:Anybody but Matthew McConnehey (sp?). He ruined the Dirk Pitt character for me....

Really? Hmm.....but I like that movie as entertainment. Wink

Welcome to the board, wyant.
Maggers   08-12-2006, 11:54 PM
I just realized that David Tennant is the bad guy, Barty Crouch Junior, in the last Harry Potter film, the skinny nit who helps Voldemort. YIKES! No way would he be Jack!

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Lisa   08-13-2006, 12:18 AM
He looks too British to be Jack. Not that being British is a bad thing, at least not if you're Colin Firth. Otherwise, yeah, it's a bad thing.

Lisa
Maggers   08-13-2006, 12:36 AM
Lisa Wrote:He looks too British to be Jack. Not that being British is a bad thing, at least not if you're Colin Firth. Otherwise, yeah, it's a bad thing.

Lisa

If we're going to have a Brit as Jack, let's make it Eddie Izzard! He wouldn't blend in AT ALL, but there would always be the element of surprise. As Eddie has said, consider the shock and awe when the enemy would spy the first airborne transvesite brigade landing amongst them with glamorous makeup and outfits with matching guns.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (10): 1 2 3 4 5 10