Pages (10):    1 2 3 4 5 10   
GeraldRice   08-15-2006, 04:57 PM
He's got a mouth like a duck. Besides that, it seems most of the women here want a Jack who is good-looking. Jack is an everyman. If he's good-looking then he'll get noticed. People would watch him. If anything, it would be better for Jack to be hideous. Ed Norton is still my number 1 to play Jack. He has a face that's easy to forget.
GeraldRice   08-15-2006, 04:59 PM
Lisa Wrote:He looks too British to be Jack. Not that being British is a bad thing, at least not if you're Colin Firth. Otherwise, yeah, it's a bad thing.

Lisa

Lisa, don't Mel Gibson yourself. Just come out with it already and say British people start all the wars. We all know they do.
This post was last modified: 08-15-2006, 05:02 PM by GeraldRice.
jimbow8   08-15-2006, 05:08 PM
Ron Eldard is still my choice:

[Image: hssaf6.jpg]
[Image: hssaf29.jpg]
[Image: ronghost.jpg]

And for the ladies .....
[Image: justakiss.jpg]

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Maggers   08-15-2006, 05:59 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Ron Eldard is still my choice...

I agree. However, Ron Eldard has a really interesting raspy voice which I find sexy. I bring that up because it's the kind of voice I would remember. And Jack doesn't want to be remembered for anything.

I wonder what The Man would have to say about distinctive voices on actors playing Jack.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

GeraldRice   08-15-2006, 06:06 PM
You could always voice him over with say... Pee Wee Herman?
XamberB   08-15-2006, 07:47 PM
What does British-looking mean?

Hazel Stone
(A true, blue Fan)

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. RAH
XamberB   08-15-2006, 07:50 PM
Jamo Wrote:mhm..or....a young Sean Connery...?
Sean Connery wasn't that great looking when he was young. Now that he's matured, he's a fox! That's the difference between men and women: men become rugged, mature and distinguished while women become old women. <sigh>

Hazel Stone
(A true, blue Fan)

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. RAH
Maggers   08-15-2006, 08:05 PM
XamberB Wrote:Sean Connery wasn't that great looking when he was young. ...

I beg to differ. I first spied young Sean in the Disney classic (NOT!) "Darby O'Gill and the Little People." I saw it at a drive in movie when I was 7 and Sean was 29. Although I was a wee tyke, I developed a crush instantaneously. I've been nuts about him ever since.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Maggers   08-15-2006, 08:15 PM
XamberB Wrote:What does British-looking mean?
Good question because it can mean different things to different people. I am at a loss to put it into words, because, for me, faces can look British for different reasons. This guy is so thin, and there's something about the width of his forehead and the narrowness of his lower face that, when put together, spell "British" for me. Often it's an aquiline nose and thin-to-nonexistent lips.

There's more to it, but that's the best I can do for now.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

XamberB   08-15-2006, 08:24 PM
Maggers Wrote:Good question because it can mean different things to different people. I am at a loss to put it into words, because, for me, faces can look British for different reasons. This guy is so thin, and there's something about the width of his forehead and the narrowness of his lower face that, when put together, spell "British" for me. Often it's an aquiline nose and thin-to-nonexistent lips.

There's more to it, but that's the best I can do for now.
Dunno. The only thing I think of as British is the gap between the teeth...

Hazel Stone
(A true, blue Fan)

Pages (10):    1 2 3 4 5 10