Pages (10):    1 2 3 4 5 10   
cobalt   08-13-2006, 12:37 PM
Just as long as Tom Cruise is not the one, that's okay with me. Can't stand that nut case now. :mad:

EWMAN
XamberB   08-13-2006, 02:24 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:Just as long as Tom Cruise is not the one, that's okay with me. Can't stand that nut case now. :mad:
You and me both. I used to love the Mission Impossible series on TV, but I couldn't even watch the movie. He should keep his clothes on and learn to act!!!Rolleyes

Hazel Stone
(A true, blue Fan)

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. RAH
XamberB   08-13-2006, 02:26 PM
Maggers Wrote:If we're going to have a Brit as Jack, let's make it Eddie Izzard! He wouldn't blend in AT ALL, but there would always be the element of surprise. As Eddie has said, consider the shock and awe when the enemy would spy the first airborne transvesite brigade landing amongst them with glamorous makeup and outfits with matching guns.
I like Eddie Izzard too, but a transvestite Jack would be just too much. :p How about Daniel Day Lewis?

Hazel Stone
(A true, blue Fan)

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. RAH
Al Meyer   08-13-2006, 06:27 PM
Jonny Depp, Christian Baley or Edward Norton.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   08-13-2006, 09:03 PM
Maggers Wrote:Hmm....sorry, but it's a big NO for me. Unless those pictures don't do him justice, he is absolutely NOT Jack for me.

Just one woman's opinion.

I'm with you, Maggers. Not my cup of Jack.
Gypsy4ever   08-13-2006, 09:14 PM
Al Meyer Wrote:Jonny Depp, Christian Baley or Edward Norton.

As I have stated before, if Johnny Depp gets anywhere near this movie you all will hear on you news about several movie theaters in the Cleveland/Akron area having been burned to the ground.
Now, I know that I am only 1 of 5 women on the planet who can not stand him. Why the rest of the world worships him, I will never know. He leaves me totally cold. And most of his roles just creep me out. I think I had nightmares for weeks after seeing only one scene of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Christian Baley?
Do you mean Christian Bale?
*shrugs*
I don't know. Perhapes I just havent seen enough of his movies to really form an opinion. But isn't he British too?
See, can't get away from the Brits, can you?
There are several Brits who would be brilliant as Jack. It's just as easy for then to do an American accent as it is for American's to do a British one.
And I'm sorry, but David just looks so much like I have always pictured Jack.
Aside from him, I've also suggested Clive Owen. He would just rock.

Edward Norton. Is it just me, or does anyone else think about Jackie Gleason and the Honymooners everytime you hear that name? It's kind of distracting to me.
I thought his performance as the priest killer in Primal Fear was great, but I admit I haven't watched any of his other films. He's just kind of,....there....he doesn't excite me.

I want the actor who plays Jack to be exciting.
Names like Matt Damon, Mark Whalburg, Edward Norton, Edward Burns, and...oh god, I've forgotten the other ones name....you know...he was in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. Great film. (Guess that tells you how well he sticks out in my mind),....I just don't find any of them exciting.
But, I guess the final decision will not be up to me, and Hollywood will always go for the name over doing the best for a film artisticly.
So, in the end, I will have to just suck it up and go see the movie, when it is ever made, with whoever they choose in the staring role. It's possible that seeing that may kill whatever affection I hold for Jack.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   08-13-2006, 09:30 PM
Maggers Wrote:If we're going to have a Brit as Jack, let's make it Eddie Izzard! He wouldn't blend in AT ALL, but there would always be the element of surprise. As Eddie has said, consider the shock and awe when the enemy would spy the first airborne transvesite brigade landing amongst them with glamorous makeup and outfits with matching guns.

Aw, fer cryin' out loud, it's clare Jack is of Oirish blood!
Noelie   08-15-2006, 01:41 PM
I was about to say the exact same thing as Lisa... he looks too British. This isn't about him being British, it's about him looking British.

I understand that you want the actor who plays Jack to be exciting, but the fact is, Jack himself is not exciting. Sure, the character is, but he is supposed to look average.

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
XamberB   08-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Wish there was a YOUNG Harrison Ford...

Hazel Stone
(A true, blue Fan)

Jamo   08-15-2006, 03:37 PM
mhm..or....a young Sean Connery...?

"Dem ago call a war a holy war...but if a war is holy....what unholy stands for?
(Gentleman)

Visit my private Portfolio on www.manufolio.de
Pages (10):    1 2 3 4 5 10