Pages (3):    1 2 3
Medusa   12-20-2005, 12:22 AM
peachynat Wrote:That looks pretty cool. Wish there was something like that around where I live.
Open a Franchise. I'll bet it would make money!
t4terrific   12-20-2005, 12:40 AM
KRW Wrote:Josey Wales, when he has the sun to his back against the Comancheros. Rooster Cogburn telling Ned Pepper to fill his hand. The Wizard of Oz tornado scene. The jump in Butch and Sundance.So many before my time.

"Fill your hands you son of a bitch!"

I love it! That line is an inside joke between my dad and I. In fact half the lines from that film are very quotable in my dad's house. It's the only time I'll ever hear him use foul language.
Kenji   12-20-2005, 09:23 AM
peachynat Wrote:Kenji~~ I take it you like to go to the movies!! Smile

Ever since 7-year-old, I'm seeing Hollywood movies in theaters. It is now too late to quit it. Big Grin
KRW   12-20-2005, 04:53 PM
t4terrific Wrote:"Fill your hands you son of a bitch!"

I love it! That line is an inside joke between my dad and I. In fact half the lines from that film are very quotable in my dad's house. It's the only time I'll ever hear him use foul language.

"True Grit" is very high on my list of favorite westerns! I'm getting ready to read a book about John Waynes life that my father-in-law loaned me. I'm definatley looking forward to it.

KRW
Terry Willacker   12-20-2005, 05:09 PM
I like to go to marathons, scifi or horror, in a theater. Some are 14 hours, some 24. I've gone to several in Columbus, Ohio. One was in a brand new theater with seats that could be made into couches by folding down the arms. They served mixed drinks, beer and pizza. Also, there was a Ben & Jerry's right outside. You could bring the ice cream into the theater.
Kenji   12-21-2005, 10:31 AM
Terry Willacker Wrote:I like to go to marathons, scifi or horror, in a theater. Some are 14 hours, some 24. I've gone to several in Columbus, Ohio. One was in a brand new theater with seats that could be made into couches by folding down the arms. They served mixed drinks, beer and pizza. Also, there was a Ben & Jerry's right outside. You could bring the ice cream into the theater.

14 hours? 24 hours??? :eek:

Gosh........I like movies, but I can't stand sitting in a chair 14 hours.
Anders Monsen   12-21-2005, 12:15 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Those would have been great to see in theater. But I was really disappointed by how loud Serenity was. And the damned commercials were even worse!

If another movie ever comes along that I figure I HAVE to see in theater, I'll wear ear plugs . . . and probably wear electronic muffs over them.

Ken V.

I didn't think Serenity was loud, but three or four years ago I saw The Transporter in a new movie theater, and that was a loud movie. Perhaps it was your theater, rather than the movie itself?
Anders Monsen   12-21-2005, 12:19 PM
Kenji Wrote:I LIKE seeing movies in theaters! Big budget movies, low budget movies, action movies, comedy movies, horror movies, romance movies.....whatever the genre, I like seeing movies in theaters. This year, I saw them in theaters.
Big Grin

Wow, Kenji. I've only seen 18 of the ones you list here (57, I believe), and all but two of those 18 were DVDs. I think the most movies I saw at the theater in one year was 25 or so. Since my daughter arrived three years ago, that number dropped to maybe three.
Ken Valentine   12-21-2005, 10:59 PM
Anders Monsen Wrote:I didn't think Serenity was loud, but three or four years ago I saw The Transporter in a new movie theater, and that was a loud movie. Perhaps it was your theater, rather than the movie itself?

Yes, it was the theater. But from what other people tell me a great many theaters turn up the volume.

I like being able to control the volume myself -- lower it for crashes and explosions . . . raise it for conversation. Ear plugs are only a partial solution.

Ken V.
Pages (3):    1 2 3