Pages (2): 1 2   
fpw   05-31-2004, 08:06 AM
Girl with a Pearl Earring.

Every shot looks like a Vermeer painting. Stunning. And the story's not bad either.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Kenji   05-31-2004, 08:21 AM
fpw Wrote:Girl with a Pearl Earring.

Every shot looks like a Vermeer painting. Stunning. And the story's not bad either.

Hi, Paul.

This is now playing in Japan, but I still not seen this movie.

Well, I think most beautiful movie is Hero. This is Chinese movie, and performer is Jet Li. His action is BEAUTIFULL and powerful. Also, visual is very colorful. This is awesome! Smile

If you not see this, I recommend it. You will like it.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-31-2004, 12:04 PM

I'll certainly check it out. But more beautifully photographed than BARRY LYNDON?
jimbow8   05-31-2004, 12:25 PM
I thought What Dreams May Come (novel by Richard Matheson) was visually stunning.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Noelie   05-31-2004, 02:00 PM
Quote:I thought What Dreams May Come (novel by Richard Matheson) was visually stunning

Me too. I really just wanted to say "me too", but it won't let me enter a message that's less than 10 words. Soooo...

Me too. Wink
Marc   05-31-2004, 02:25 PM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:Well, I think most beautiful movie is Hero. This is Chinese movie, and performer is Jet Li. His action is BEAUTIFULL and powerful. Also, visual is very colorful. This is awesome! Smile

This is going to be released soon in the U.S. courtesy of Tarantino. The preview looks stunning.
Kenji   05-31-2004, 05:34 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I thought What Dreams May Come (novel by Richard Matheson) was visually stunning.

Oh, I forgot it! I like this movie too, Smile
Bastard   05-31-2004, 07:14 PM
Marc B. Wrote:This (Hero) is going to be released soon in the U.S. courtesy of Tarantino. The preview looks stunning.

I got ahold of a Hong Kong copy on VCD about 2 months ago. I do not usually consider Hong Kong cinema and beautiful cinematography in the same thought process, but I have to agree with Kenji on this one. This movie is gorgeous. No spoilers, but many of you who wouldn't go for the chop-saki films would get a lot out of this one.

btw, I still need to see Girl With a Pearl Earring.

--Jake

:eek: "Who are you mister?"
:mad: "Jacob McCandles."
:eek: "Jacob McCandles?! I thought you was dead."
:mad: "Not hardly! The next man to say that, I'm gonna shoot, so help me." -- from Big Jake
nonsun blob a   05-31-2004, 08:24 PM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:Hi, Paul.

This is now playing in Japan, but I still not seen this movie.

Well, I think most beautiful movie is Hero. This is Chinese movie, and performer is Jet Li. His action is BEAUTIFULL and powerful. Also, visual is very colorful. This is awesome! Smile

If you not see this, I recommend it. You will like it.

I watched a part of that movie in the comic book shop I go to. I didn't know what it was until I saw a preview for it, though. I really like Jet Li in his more traditional roles.
thisisatest   06-01-2004, 05:03 PM

Steve D
I agree totally with your description of this dazzling movie. And the Blues Dude beat me to the comparison to Barry Lyndon, which I found EQUALLY dazzling. May I invite others to add to this list of "beautiful" movies. Don't be shy or feel effeminite, you know there are just some movies where you can't tear your eyes from the screen. 1900 (correct me if I'm wrong about the title of this Burt Lancaster movie) was also such a dazzler.
Pages (2): 1 2