Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
Scott Miller   12-08-2005, 05:14 PM
Marc B. Wrote:and still need to get music and clean up the audio we've been holding off.

My buddy is still willing if you are interested.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Susan   12-09-2005, 12:59 PM
thisisatest Wrote:Steve D
If this is any indication of the professionalism I almost invested into, then I dodged a bullet.

I think it's Marc that dodged the bullet.

You are entitled to your opinion, but to post a personal cheap shot like that on the board was rude.

Susan

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
KRW   12-09-2005, 08:59 PM
Susan Wrote:I think it's Marc that dodged the bullet.

You are entitled to your opinion, but to post a personal cheap shot like that on the board was rude.

Susan

A bullet? Maybe a landmine. So far the footage looks great, now it's up to Mark to put it together. I also liked the teaser, I just wanted more, ya know! Wink This is where the director either falls or shines, how he puts it together. Good Luck Mark!

KRW
APhew   12-09-2005, 10:36 PM
thisisatest Wrote:I hope aphew is not your pr man/woman. Is there something this board has against saynomore that I'm missing?

Did you just call me a man/woman!?!?!?!? IT'S ON!!! Big Grin

I'll admit, there is a bit of history with Saynomore on this board and the old board, but I wasn't responding to him just because it was him. I just found the post to be a bit nitpicky and I decided to respond in kind (but with my trademark sarcasm that I use to hide the fact that I'm vulnerable and lonely deep down inside because I never learned how to love).
t4terrific   12-09-2005, 11:42 PM
APhew Wrote:Did you just call me a man/woman!?!?!?!? IT'S ON!!! Big Grin

I'll admit, there is a bit of history with Saynomore on this board and the old board, but I wasn't responding to him just because it was him. I just found the post to be a bit nitpicky and I decided to respond in kind (but with my trademark sarcasm that I use to hide the fact that I'm vulnerable and lonely deep down inside because I never learned how to love).

You know you are the P. R. Man/Woman!!! Why hide it? Big Grin
saynomore   12-12-2005, 08:43 PM
Marc B. Wrote:My bad. I was remembering your message a little differently than it actually is (just went back and re-read it).

We've talked to a few direct-to-video distributors who are interested but want to see the final (or close to) final product. Since we're still cutting (just finished the second rough cut) and still need to get music and clean up the audio we've been holding off. And we might hold off anyway since we'd like to try and get a theatrical run, no matter how small, before video.

I'll be posting updates here when we make any final decisions and/or deals.

Try Landmark Theaters in Los Angeles. They specialize in indie films. They were the first to run Blair Witch before it caught fire with the major distributors.

AC
thisisatest   12-12-2005, 09:51 PM
Susan Wrote:I think it's Marc that dodged the bullet.

Susan

Steve D
It is good to have friends to defend. Marc must be a good friend. AC is my friend. Nuff said.

"He knows more than you've ever forgotten...in your little finger." Laurel's Sister defending Stan to Oliver.
Marc   12-22-2005, 12:11 PM
We now have a few production stills up. You can see them at:

http://deadinthewater.rpmfilms.com/stills.htm
Marc   02-27-2006, 09:32 PM
A few notes for those who are interested:

We have completed the film. Currently it's being color corrected, sound mixed, scored and a few shots are being digitally modified.

As metioned, Dead in the Water now has a composer! You can check out a score he did for our teaser at http://deadinthewater.rpmfilms.com/media.htm. This is the same preview as before just with the new score.

Finally, we've been given permission by a fairly large band to use a song in the film. Once all the official paperwork has been done we'll mention who it is. Let me just say we're very excited they agreed to let us use their music.
Maggers   02-27-2006, 09:56 PM
Marc, what a difference a little music makes. It gives it such an edge. I can't wait to see the movie. Good work!

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6