Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5
The Mad American   08-15-2007, 10:38 AM
redheadmargo Wrote:Same here....The Great Outdoors followed closely by Uncle Buck...(the principal with the mole...OMG that was funny...)

Hi, I'm Moley Russells wart...err I mean Molly Russells Uncle..

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Scott Miller   08-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Seeing as how this kind of morphed into the John Candy/Steve Martin thread I'll say I got some great laughs from All Of Me last night. The first half hour after Tomlin enters Martin's body has to be about the funniest physical comedy I've ever seen.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Maggers   08-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Seeing as how this kind of morphed into the John Candy/Steve Martin thread I'll say I got some great laughs from All Of Me last night. The first half hour after Tomlin enters Martin's body has to be about the funniest physical comedy I've ever seen.

I love ALL OF ME. You are so right about it having THE best physicial comedy scenes ever. Steve Martin is brilliant in it. Love that little movie.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Auskar   08-15-2007, 07:17 PM
I liked Second City. Beyond that, I cannot think of a single John Candy movie that would go on a "must see" list. Second City was brilliant sometimes, though.
GeraldRice   08-16-2007, 03:58 PM
I never really cared for John Candy. I rate him 2 steps above Fred Willard: the salt-peter of comedy.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5