Pages (2):    1 2
Noelie   01-03-2005, 05:45 PM
I was always a fan of Jerry Orbach and the news of his passing made me very sad. Sad
Gerald Rice   01-03-2005, 06:49 PM
Kenji Wrote:I've never seen Law and Order, but I know Jerry Orbach....RIP, Mr.Orbach. Sad

I like lawyer's dramas. I was always watching L.A. Law. Which is your favorite? "Law and Order" and "L.A. Law"

Kenji, when they eventually begin offering the seasons on DVD, I recommend buying them highly if you don't have otherwise access. IMHO, it's a shame that CSI beat them on Tuesday considering the only thing worthwhile is the special effects (and Crossing Jordan is a pisspoor imitation of that).
Gerald Rice   01-03-2005, 06:50 PM
Maggers Wrote:For those of us who are LAW & ORDER fans, nuts in my case, the death of Jerry Orbach is a loss. He played wise-cracking New York City detective Lenny Briscoe for 12 years on L&O. I love L&O and am addicted to the reruns. He was also a Tony award winning song and dance man. I loved him in DIRTY DANCING, too, one of my favorite films. He was a great animal lover and supported Bide-A-Wee, a rescue/adoption agency in NYC.

And, finally, Jerry Orbach reminded me of my late father-in-law (ex), who was a great guy, funny and loved to sing, too, though he wasn't much of a dancer. Smile

I found it funny that Paul Sorvino had to leave the show because the cold air hurt his singing voice, but Jerry Orbach, who also was a singer, didn't have a problem at all.
Kenji   01-03-2005, 09:44 PM
Gerald Rice Wrote:Kenji, when they eventually begin offering the seasons on DVD, I recommend buying them highly if you don't have otherwise access. IMHO, it's a shame that CSI beat them on Tuesday considering the only thing worthwhile is the special effects (and Crossing Jordan is a pisspoor imitation of that).

Wow, everybody Law&Order fan!? Oooookay! Someday, somehow I'll buy L&O DVD box-set.

Thank you for recommendation.
Maggers   03-25-2005, 12:32 AM
I just saw a bit of the memorial that friends and family had for Jerry Orbach today here in NY. Lots of photos of his very long career and all the "Law & Order" folks saying wonderful things, along with many, many others.

I miss him. I feel like I lost a friend. I guess that's because I watch L&O so much.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Kenji   08-13-2007, 04:58 AM
Maggers Wrote:Too bad you've never seen "Law & Order." It's so good it's addicting. The shows are often based on stories torn from recent headlines.

In my mind, there is no comparision, Kenji. "Law & Order" is by far the superior show. It is, IMO, the best drama I've ever seen on TV. It's been playing for 15 years and now has 3 spin offs.

I watch the reruns repeatedly. I've seen some episodes 3 or 4 times, and they are still worth watching again.

Yup, there are many of us who are L&O addicts.

Last week, I bought 1st season's DVD box set. Fortunately, it was low price. But show is very high quality.
Pages (2):    1 2