Pages (2): 1 2   
Maggers   12-29-2004, 04:50 PM
For those of us who are LAW & ORDER fans, nuts in my case, the death of Jerry Orbach is a loss. He played wise-cracking New York City detective Lenny Briscoe for 12 years on L&O. I love L&O and am addicted to the reruns. He was also a Tony award winning song and dance man. I loved him in DIRTY DANCING, too, one of my favorite films. He was a great animal lover and supported Bide-A-Wee, a rescue/adoption agency in NYC.

And, finally, Jerry Orbach reminded me of my late father-in-law (ex), who was a great guy, funny and loved to sing, too, though he wasn't much of a dancer. Smile

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

fpw   12-29-2004, 08:15 PM
Yeah, we L&O addicts have lost an old friend.
This post was last modified: 01-03-2005, 01:00 PM by fpw.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
The Mad American   12-29-2004, 10:54 PM
I too love Law and Order. In my opinion it hasn't been the same since Orbach left, writing is still very good but just doesn't stack up. He will definately be missed.
Kenji   12-30-2004, 03:21 AM
I've never seen Law and Order, but I know Jerry Orbach....RIP, Mr.Orbach. Sad

I like lawyer's dramas. I was always watching L.A. Law. Which is your favorite? "Law and Order" and "L.A. Law"
This post was last modified: 12-30-2004, 03:24 AM by Kenji.
Maggers   12-30-2004, 03:34 AM
Kenji Wrote:I've never seen Law and Order, but I know Jerry Orbach....RIP, Mr.Orbach. Sad

I like lawyer's dramas. I was always watching L.A. Law. Which is your favorite? "Law and Order" and "L.A. Law"

Too bad you've never seen "Law & Order." It's so good it's addicting. The shows are often based on stories torn from recent headlines.

In my mind, there is no comparision, Kenji. "Law & Order" is by far the superior show. It is, IMO, the best drama I've ever seen on TV. It's been playing for 15 years and now has 3 spin offs.

I watch the reruns repeatedly. I've seen some episodes 3 or 4 times, and they are still worth watching again.

Yup, there are many of us who are L&O addicts.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Kenji   12-30-2004, 04:13 AM
Maggers Wrote:Too bad you've never seen "Law & Order." It's so good it's addicting. The shows are often based on stories torn from recent headlines.

In my mind, there is no comparision, Kenji. "Law & Order" is by far the superior show. It is, IMO, the best drama I've ever seen on TV. It's been playing for 15 years and now has 3 spin offs.

I watch the reruns repeatedly. I've seen some episodes 3 or 4 times, and they are still worth watching again.

Yup, there are many of us who are L&O addicts.

I want to see it!

I have a two choices. One is I must buy a DVD Box set. Another is I must move to other prefecture.....well, I can't move to other places, so I will buy DVD box set. ......Someday.
the Oracle   01-02-2005, 09:07 PM
I loved him in FX the movie.

Author of "Survivor" - http://www.vaughnripley.com

"Adventure is worthwile in itself."
—Amelia Earhart
Susan   01-03-2005, 12:28 PM
Maggers Wrote:For those of us who are LAW & ORDER fans, nuts in my case, the death of Jerry Orbach is a loss. He played wise-cracking New York City detective Lenny Briscoe for 12 years on L&O. I love L&O and am addicted to the reruns. He was also a Tony award winning song and dance man. I loved him in DIRTY DANCING, too, one of my favorite films. He was a great animal lover and supported Bide-A-Wee, a rescue/adoption agency in NYC.

And, finally, Jerry Orbach reminded me of my late father-in-law (ex), who was a great guy, funny and loved to sing, too, though he wasn't much of a dancer. Smile

My hubby and I are HUGE Law & Order fans and we were so sad to hear of his passing.

Susan

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
fpw   01-03-2005, 01:04 PM
Maggers Wrote:I loved him in DIRTY DANCING, too, one of my favorite films.

A favorite of my daughters too. Can't tell you how many times they repeated "Nobody puts Baby in a corner!" as they were growing up.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Maggers   01-03-2005, 04:05 PM
fpw Wrote:A favorite of my daughters too. Can't tell you how many times they repeated "Nobody puts Baby in a corner!" as they were growing up.

I loved DIRTY DANCING so much I paid to see it twice on the same day! The soundtrack got me right from the opening sequence. That's the soundtrack of my coming of age years, and boy oh boy, do I love it! For me, there's nothing like pop music from the '60's. LOVE IT!

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (2): 1 2