fpw   10-15-2005, 10:44 AM
Someone recommended this to me. If I remember who it was I will hurt them. Mercilessly padded with looong takes of armies of horsemen galloping here and galloping there. It didn’t seem to know if it was supposed to be comedic or serious.

FF= 3.5

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Maggers   10-16-2005, 01:35 PM
Ooooh ooooh! I hope whoever recommended it will be at one of the upcoming in-between GU's. Then someone can film the violence! I'd pay to see it. Big Grin

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Anders Monsen   10-17-2005, 01:11 AM
fpw Wrote:Someone recommended this to me. If I remember who it was I will hurt them. Mercilessly padded with looong takes of armies of horsemen galloping here and galloping there. It didn’t seem to know if it was supposed to be comedic or serious.

FF= 3.5

Ouch. Mea culpa. I'll refrain from further recommendations. I agree Dragon Inn is far from the best martial arts movie ever made, but I took this as pure comedy; perhaps I approached it wrong. My apologies. I think years ago we also disagreed about Gattaca. I can see I failed to learn my lesson.
t4terrific   10-17-2005, 01:23 AM
Anders Monsen Wrote:Ouch. Mea culpa. I'll refrain from further recommendations. I agree Dragon Inn is far from the best martial arts movie ever made, but I took this as pure comedy; perhaps I approached it wrong. My apologies. I think years ago we also disagreed about Gattaca. I can see I failed to learn my lesson.

I used to have same. I would recommend films, that I loved, to people without considering their tastes may be different than mine. I remember making a guarantee, to a former girlfriend, that she'd love Maximum Overdrive. Big Grin I didn't realize that most people didn't like it and that the only people that did like it were goofy like me (a few of my friends and I loved it). Needless to say, she thought it sucked and never took my movie tastes seriously after that.

Now I'll always say something like, "I liked it. I thought it was great." The qualifier gets me off the hook if it wasn't as well recieved by others.