Pages (16):    1 8 9 10 11 12 16   
Kenji   06-16-2004, 05:51 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I loved Jeepers Creepers up until the end. That ending totally sucked! What a let-down to an otherwise very scary, atmospheric movie. Is JC 2 any good?

Here is my collection sorted by genre. (and also a little plug for Guzzlefish - good way to organize your DVDs for free)

Wooo!! JIm, your collection is much the same with mine! Smile

Jeepers Creepers is.....I think this movie's mistake is revealed monster. Anyway, JC was not popular movie in Japan.
The Mad American   06-16-2004, 07:04 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I loved Jeepers Creepers up until the end. That ending totally sucked! What a let-down to an otherwise very scary, atmospheric movie. Is JC 2 any good?

Didn't the scene where they are driving after their run in with the bad guy and they see him off the side of the road by that old church kick butt? That scene alone made me like the first part of the movie. Very nice.

JC 2 is OK. If you go into it not thinking that it is going to be anything beyond your run of the mill entertaining horror cheese flick. Doesn't hold up to the first 45 minutes of JC, or for that matter when comparing both movies as a whole JC is much better then JC2.
Dave   06-17-2004, 06:05 AM
remylass Wrote:As far as the best horror movies, here are the ones that I like: (I own more horror movies than any other kind of movie.)

The Changeling
The Eye (Jian Gui)
The Exorcist
The Others
The Uninvited
The Ring
Jeeper's Creepers (Most people don't agree, but I think the movie is really tense)

I just ordered The Eye, good to see it has a recomendation from someone on the board.

Saw The Changeling recently based on Lisa and Marc's recommendation. They're both big fans. I liked it, it had some really good touches to it.

Dave
Dave   06-17-2004, 06:12 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:Here is my collection sorted by genre. (and also a little plug for Guzzlefish - good way to organize your DVDs for free)

I have a spreadsheet I've kept up to date for all my DVDs (allows me to note who's borrowed what - I'm better than Blockbusters to my friends). I also specified genre and have a little pie chart at the bottom telling me which I have the most of. Drama is top, but if I added SciFi and Fantasy together that would win hands down.

This Guzzlefish, do you have to download anything to your PC? I looked into one of these things before and it wanted to integrate itself with my PC allowing everybody around the world access. I declined.

Dave

PS Nice collection, our tastes run very similar - especially nice to see Blast From The Past there, an underrated classic. Smile
fpw   06-17-2004, 07:44 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:Here is my collection sorted by genre.[/SIZE]

What? No Magnificent 7 or Wild Bunch in your westerns?

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
jimbow8   06-17-2004, 09:20 AM
fpw Wrote:What? No Magnificent 7 or Wild Bunch in your westerns?
Sorry! :o I also don't have The Outlaw Josey Wales or The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Hey What can I say?!?! Its a work in progress. Actually, I don't know if I've seen the Wild Bunch. I saw Mag 7 a LONG time ago. I think both are in my Netflix queue if that is any consolation. Wink

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
jimbow8   06-17-2004, 09:27 AM
Dave Wrote:I have a spreadsheet I've kept up to date for all my DVDs (allows me to note who's borrowed what - I'm better than Blockbusters to my friends). I also specified genre and have a little pie chart at the bottom telling me which I have the most of. Drama is top, but if I added SciFi and Fantasy together that would win hands down.

This Guzzlefish, do you have to download anything to your PC? I looked into one of these things before and it wanted to integrate itself with my PC allowing everybody around the world access. I declined.

Dave

PS Nice collection, our tastes run very similar - especially nice to see Blast From The Past there, an underrated classic. Smile
Guzzlefish doesn't require anything to be downloaded. Only a cookie, i guess. It doesn't have anywhere to put notes (like who you lent movies to) but you can get around that in other ways.

You put yours on a spreadsheet? Excel? I'd like to see it if you don't mind. I had always wanted to create a database program to keep track, but, alas, I have little experience in such things and my laziness knows no bounds. So I used one that some else had already created (Guzzlefish).

Blast From the Past is great isn't it. It is such a GOOD movie and doesn't rely on vulgarity and the normal comic fare (not that those aren't funny too). I put it right up there with The Wedding Singer (though some people just don't like Adam Sandler - fools!).

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
fpw   06-17-2004, 09:34 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:Actually, I don't know if I've seen the Wild Bunch. I saw Mag 7 a LONG time ago. I think both are in my Netflix queue if that is any consolation. Wink

Move The Wild Bunch to #1. There's never been a western like it -- before or since.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
jimbow8   06-17-2004, 09:52 AM
fpw Wrote:Move The Wild Bunch to #1. There's never been a western like it -- before or since.
Okay. Done. It will probably ship today. Tombstone may be my favorite. Or Unforgiven. I am SO glad that won Best Picture (that and Braveheart). And I still think Val Kilmer gave an Oscar-worthy performance in Tombstone.

nijimeijer   06-17-2004, 10:33 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:And I still think Val Kilmer gave an Oscar-worthy performance in Tombstone.

"I'm your Huckleberry."

He's got so many great lines in that movie.

Throughout our history there are those ghosts
Compelled to illustrate our dreams and hopes
Victors hang in pictures, losers from ropes.
Regardless they all swing in the same boat.
Pages (16):    1 8 9 10 11 12 16