Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
Scott Miller   06-04-2005, 11:58 PM
Biggles Wrote:Go on and hit me with your best shot--fire away! She was really hot, as was the lead singer from Quarterflash. Big Grin

I'm going to harden my heart before I put another notch in my lipstick case.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
KRW   06-05-2005, 11:49 PM
DrJonLJ Wrote:Wow, I did not intend for this subject to turn into a Class War.... whoops.. sorry guys.

I just wanted to follow up and say that after posting the original message, I went ahead and finished Reborn and moved to Reprisal. My opinion is changing - I really like Reprisal so far. I have to think that my feelings toward Reborn were a direct correlation to the environs in which I was at the time.

I just hated the idea of not liking a FPW book... His ability to describe characters and force you to care about them is uncanny.... better than any other author I can think of at the moment...

NOW GET ALONG....

Welcome to every ordaniray family out there! (Unfourtunatly I didn't come frome one Big Grin ) All I can say is, You havn't read nada yet! Enjoy!
cyber-jack   06-06-2005, 02:34 AM
AsMoral Wrote:MUCKRAKER!!!!

Did I spell that right?

From Dictionary.com

Muckrake:To search for and expose misconduct in public life.

Hmmmmmm...OK! Big Grin
cyber-jack   06-06-2005, 02:38 AM
DrJonLJ Wrote:Wow, I did not intend for this subject to turn into a Class War.... whoops.. sorry guys.

I just wanted to follow up and say that after posting the original message, I went ahead and finished Reborn and moved to Reprisal. My opinion is changing - I really like Reprisal so far. I have to think that my feelings toward Reborn were a direct correlation to the environs in which I was at the time.

I just hated the idea of not liking a FPW book... His ability to describe characters and force you to care about them is uncanny.... better than any other author I can think of at the moment...

NOW GET ALONG....

Don't sweat it, you're cool, you didn't start anything.

Glad you're liking Reprisal, by the way. Smile
Maggers   06-06-2005, 08:43 AM
cyber-jack Wrote:From Dictionary.com

cyber-jack Wrote:...maybe you should consult dictionary.com for all your knowledge like some of the other self rightous, pompous people on this board...

Why, CJ, look at that! You use dictionary.com. You should call yourself names.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Tony H   06-06-2005, 09:22 AM
cyber-jack Wrote:From Dictionary.com

Hmmmmmm...OK! Big Grin

ahh...touche`! Wink

But is there any misconduct afoot? (had to lengthen the message, the last part is simply rhetorical.)

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
cyber-jack   06-06-2005, 10:01 AM
Maggers Wrote:Why, CJ, look at that! You use dictionary.com. You should call yourself names.

At least I credited the reference...
cyber-jack   06-06-2005, 10:11 AM
AsMoral Wrote:ahh...touche`! Wink

But is there any misconduct afoot? (had to lengthen the message, the last part is simply rhetorical.)

You tell me Tony...you're the one that called me a muckraker. I just gave a new member my opinion, and apparantly struck a nerve as some took offense, which just proves my original point... Big Grin
Tony H   06-06-2005, 11:26 AM
cyber-jack Wrote:You tell me Tony...you're the one that called me a muckraker. I just gave a new member my opinion, and apparantly struck a nerve as some took offense, which just proves my original point... Big Grin

Now CJ, no nerve was struck on this end. I take all insults/implications as a grain of salt. Now compliments on the other hand, the most vague and insignifficant I shoulder as a personal comment. Being trivial has it's perks.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
cyber-jack   06-06-2005, 01:11 PM
AsMoral Wrote:Now CJ, no nerve was struck on this end. I take all insults/implications as a grain of salt. Now compliments on the other hand, the most vague and insignifficant I shoulder as a personal comment. Being trivial has it's perks.

Tony-

I wasn't referring to your nerve...I've got nothing but the utmost respect for you and 99% of the rest of the board members here...
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6