Pages (7):    1 3 4 5 6 7   
jimbow8   05-31-2004, 10:18 PM
Biggles Wrote:Hey! Who told you about my time machine?
I don't think you have a time machine or else you'd've used it to get ribs delivered to the GU.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Biggles   05-31-2004, 10:51 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I don't think you have a time machine or else you'd've used it to get ribs delivered to the GU.

Yes, but I had left it at home--they're quite heavy, you see. If I go to GU-4, I'll have to research to see where I can get good ribs 24/7. Maybe we should have it in Vegas or Reno instead. Those cities never sleep, so I assume munchies will never be a problem.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Biggles   05-31-2004, 10:58 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I don't think you have a time machine or else you'd've used it to get ribs delivered to the GU.

Oh, and I would never use it for so frivolous a purpose. Instead, I would use it to benefit mankind--like by going back to April 1983 and having my Stillers take Dan Marino in the first round of the NFL draft. Or converting assets into gold before FDR de-monetized our currency.

Ken Valentine   06-02-2004, 12:03 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Lemme ask you, Biggles, would it have been a better world if the British and French democracies had gone down? If Kaiserism triumphed in Europe? (I am out of time, will get back to you on Sunday.)

Some aspects of Bismarks Socialization of Germany sure triumphed in THIS country!

Sozial Politik there, Social Security here. They made age 65 the retirement age because according to statistics at the time, 65 was the average of death . . . nice! Instead of saying, "Eat straw," as they did a century earlier, the Prince now said, "Give me your money, and I'll let you have some of it back, if I think you need it."

And America's so-called "Intellectuals" wailed that Germany is fifty years ahead of us in "social legislation."

America didn't defeat Bismark and Hitler . . . America BECAME Bismark and Hitler.

Ken V.
Biggles   06-02-2004, 11:32 PM

(Semi)-seriously: IF you had a time machine, whom would you go back in time to "bust a cap on"?

You guys first.

Brianmack5   06-03-2004, 12:20 AM
Is black wind and the group of monks something FPW made up or is there some truth to them. I have done a little looking into it and even asked one of my college prof's but have come up with nothing.

just wondering
Brian McCaskill
Tim Hatch   06-03-2004, 01:28 AM
Biggles Wrote:(Semi)-seriously: IF you had a time machine, whom would you go back in time to "bust a cap on"?

You guys first.

Edward I - that bastard!
Scott Miller   06-03-2004, 02:03 AM
Biggles Wrote:(Semi)-seriously: IF you had a time machine, whom would you go back in time to "bust a cap on"?

You guys first.

Unfortunately, there is no shortage of worthy candiadtes, but for personal reasons I'd go with Mark David Chapman. F$%ing SOB. I tend to think that the shoes of the Hitlers and Stalins would have been filled by somebody else without altering history much.

Scott

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
fpw   06-03-2004, 08:19 AM
Brianmack5 Wrote:Is black wind and the group of monks something FPW made up or is there some truth to them. I have done a little looking into it and even asked one of my college prof's but have come up with nothing.

I made them up. Even so, they gave even me the creeps.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
fpw   06-03-2004, 08:28 AM

I've always wondered, if someone offed Gavrilo Princip in 1914 before he assassinated Archduke Ferdinand, would WWI have been prevented?

I doubt it--Europe was seething at the time--but it has intreesting remifications.

Prevent WWI and you prevent WWII (which was a direct result of the staggering reparations saddled on Germany at Versailles).

And it's possible with Eurrope at peace in the late teens, the Bolshevik revolution might have been put down with the help of Russia's allies.

What a different world this would be...how many millions and millions of lives would have been saved.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Pages (7):    1 3 4 5 6 7