Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
Scott Miller   04-28-2005, 12:56 PM
The Mad American Wrote:One of the cliches that has always kind of stuck in my craw is the Coroner/Medical examiner eating thing. In a ton of movies and TV shows if there is a scene were someone needs to visit the Coroner/ME to get information about a particularly gruesome death, the Coroner/ME munching on some food as he/she deals with this nasty corpse is really over done. Not only is this stupid but if they are doing an examination for legal or medical purposes the presence of food in the area has the potential to contaminate the evidence/corpse.

I agree. It is almost a guarantee that the ME will be chowing down while dishing out plenty of gallows humor.

On a different medical track, it drives me nuts that CPR is rarely performed accurately on TV or in the movies; it is not that difficult to learn and should be simple to fake.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
thisisatest   04-28-2005, 04:18 PM
fpw Wrote:He might have frillier underwear, (Ta-ta-boom!)

Steve D
I was going to post this joke, but I couldn't find the right adjective. Guess that's why you're the writer and I'm the reader. (Bows head humbly, muttering something about superlatives).

"He knows more than you've ever forgotten...in your little finger." Laurel's Sister defending Stan to Oliver.
Keith the Elder   04-28-2005, 05:12 PM
The flower/ fruit and vegetable vendors cart in the chase scenes.

The good guy winning the bluff with the empty gun.

The sun just setting and the vampire awakening as the stake is about to be driven home and the ensuing fight.

After being supposedly killed, the bad guy/creature suddenly mounting one last surprise assult on the heros who are relaxing under a false sense of security

The no "chance in hell" candidate winning the whatever big event, i.e., race, election, big game, really hot girl, etc.

k the e
Peter   04-28-2005, 06:26 PM
Sorry to upset any Star Wars fans (I am a bit of one myself) but how about spaceships that turn like F15 fighters. Think about it, no air to push against control surfaces, even if you turn round by attitude jets youre going to keep going in the same direction. Makes for better films though. Wish I hadn't mentioned it really.....

Oh and ( I know it was a chickflick but it happened to be on) in Dirty Dancing. She learns to dance and her spots clear up. Nah, she would have been a great dancer but with acne.

My favourite. We know it is a spooky old castle. We know bad things have happened here. We know the last group of explorers were never heard from again. There are six of us. I know, lets split up! Good move.
jimbow8   04-28-2005, 07:52 PM
Peter Wrote:Sorry to upset any Star Wars fans (I am a bit of one myself) but how about spaceships that turn like F15 fighters. Think about it, no air to push against control surfaces, even if you turn round by attitude jets youre going to keep going in the same direction. Makes for better films though. Wish I hadn't mentioned it really.....
Similarly, why do space ships always align themselves on the same plane?.... in other words, the same relative "up"

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Annice Burdeos   04-28-2005, 08:17 PM
Alan Wrote:I want to know why women reporters are allowed in NFL locker rooms but they won't let Marv Alpert into a WNBA locker room.

Isn't supposed to be equal opportunity access?
jimbow8   04-28-2005, 09:44 PM
Annice Burdeos Wrote:Isn't supposed to be equal opportunity access?
I agree with Sam on this one. I don't think reporters of either gender should be allowed in locker rooms of players of either gender. Period. Use a press room.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Auskar   04-29-2005, 03:09 AM
I agree about the CPR scenes on television. Rarely does it look even half real.

Also, on "CSI: Miami" there was an episode about some stolen SA7's (which are shoulder-fired anti-aircraft weapons with a range of approximately two miles). The main plot twist (and how they caught the bad guy) was because he had a bruise around one eye where the "recoil" of the weapon came back and punched him in the face.

The SA7 is a rocket. Rockets have a backblast, but no recoil.
The Mad American   04-29-2005, 01:59 PM
fpw Wrote:Well...the part about the contamination might be true, and might not.

But I remember my first look at my medical school cadaver...The pale flesh, the formaldehyde stink...almost hurled. A month later I was sipping a coke and munching Cheetos as I dissected.

We're an amazingly adaptable species. We can get used to just about anything.

I can just see it now.

Detective: "Got anything for us to go on in this murder doc?"
ME: "Well, we are still working on it but one thing we are certain of is the killer must have liked Cheetos due to the presence of orange Cheetos dust on all the wounds......."

Hehe.

I agree with the adaptable thing and you would have far more expertise on the process of Medical examinations just was pointing out how overdone that cliche is in movies/TV.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Lisa   04-29-2005, 02:44 PM
Auskar Wrote:Also, on "CSI: Miami" there was an episode about some stolen SA7's (which are shoulder-fired anti-aircraft weapons with a range of approximately two miles). The main plot twist (and how they caught the bad guy) was because he had a bruise around one eye where the "recoil" of the weapon came back and punched him in the face.

Auskar, CSI: Miami is a COMEDY. Don't tell me it's not because I won't believe you.

"Thiiiiiis... looks like a... MURRRRRR-derrrr."

Lisa
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6