Pages (2):    1 2
IanSF   05-28-2006, 06:50 PM
jpwynn Wrote:I've read both the short story compilations and don't remember "The Long Way Home". Where can I find it?
Not forgetting that it is available for download as an Amazon Short.
I, too, would be prepared to shell out for a collection, even though I've managed to track down and buy the various anthologies. As for those that are now incorporated into full length novels, although I already have 'All The Rage', I still got myself a copy of 'The Last Rakosh' and a lovely little book it is too.
[SIZE="1"]Am I coming across as somewhat obsessive?[/SIZE]
Summer   05-28-2006, 07:31 PM
Please include me in those who would love to see the RJ shorts in a single edition.
Maggers   05-28-2006, 08:14 PM
I heartily endorse the short story compilation. We'd all buy it, even if we have versions of all of them already, which I have.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Shocklines.com   05-28-2006, 11:03 PM
Paul, where are most of the stories from SOFT and Others still in print? I always recommend "Soft" to people as one of my favorite short stories of all time but didn't know the story was in print somewhere.
fpw   05-29-2006, 09:52 AM
Shocklines.com Wrote:Paul, where are most of the stories from SOFT and Others still in print? I always recommend "Soft" to people as one of my favorite short stories of all time but didn't know the story was in print somewhere.

[SIZE="3"]"Lipidleggin' " was available online at a libertarian site, but I think that's shut down; the LaNague short stories are in the Infrapress editions of the novels, but the rest remain in Soft & Others.

Someday I'll do The Complete Short Fiction of..."

With the rights to "The Long Way Home" and "The Last Rakosh" tied up, a complete RJ short collection is impossible at the moment.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-29-2006, 09:56 AM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]"Lipidleggin' " was available online at a libertarian site, but I think that's shut down; the LaNague short stories are in the Infrapress editions of the novels, but the rest remain in Soft & Others.

Someday I'll do The Complete Short Fiction of..."

With the rights to "The Long Way Home" and "The Last Rakosh" tied up, a complete RJ short collection is impossible at the moment.[/SIZE]

Is AFTERSHOCK AND OTHERS coming along OK? Cain't wait fer that one!
fpw   05-29-2006, 11:40 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Is AFTERSHOCK AND OTHERS coming along OK? Cain't wait fer that one!

[SIZE="3"]It's in the production line. ETA sometime in 2007.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-29-2006, 11:55 AM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]It's in the production line. ETA sometime in 2007.[/SIZE]

Good to hear, Paul.
Shocklines.com   05-29-2006, 12:59 PM
Paul, Soft and others is out of print -- I think people would love to be able to get those stories again.
t4terrific   06-03-2006, 07:31 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:I'd buy it too. Nice little collector's item.

I have all of the RJ shorts, except for Interlude. I would gladly buy a complete compilation too though.
Pages (2):    1 2