Pages (2): 1 2   
Biggles   05-09-2004, 12:23 AM
This is mainly a question for FPW and the collectors among us.

We know that Paul has released two previous collections of short stories ("Soft and Others" and "The Barrens and Others") and is in process of releasing another ("Aftershock and Others"). We also know that he has previously compiled related stories together in "The Lanague Chronicles", "Dydeetown World", "The Tery", and "Midnight Mass". So why not compile all of the Repairman Jack stories which are not part of the novels, in chronological order with appropriate introductory notes, into a compilation? I would like to see a Gauntlet Press limited signed edition, followed by a hard cover and paperback editions.

This would seem to be the perfect time to release such a book, in advance of the movie.

Feedback?

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
topol_sheap   05-09-2004, 06:01 AM
I think that's a great idea Smile I for one would buy it.
fpw   05-09-2004, 09:11 AM
I can think of only two that aren't in print: "The Long Way Home" and "The Wringer" (and the latter will be included in AFTERSHOCK & OTHERS).

Pretty slim book.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Biggles   05-09-2004, 10:29 AM
fpw Wrote:I can think of only two that aren't in print: "The Long Way Home" and "The Wringer" (and the latter will be included in AFTERSHOCK & OTHERS).

Pretty slim book.

I have both of those, but I would still pony up the cash to buy a limited edition containing all of the RJ short stories, whether they are already in other collections or not. Any idea how many pages they all would add up to?

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-09-2004, 08:17 PM
Biggles Wrote:I have both of those, but I would still pony up the cash to buy a limited edition containing all of the RJ short stories, whether they are already in other collections or not. Any idea how many pages they all would add up to?

I'd buy it too. Nice little collector's item.
fpw   05-10-2004, 08:09 AM
I made a quick count: 5 stories, 55,000 words. A slim volume, but not ridiculously so. The only problem is "The Long Way Home" which I'd like somewhere along the way to incorporate into a portion of a novel.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
craigsbookclub   05-10-2004, 04:37 PM
fpw Wrote:The only problem is "The Long Way Home" which I'd like somewhere along the way to incorporate into a portion of a novel.

Well, it's not like we wouldn't buy the novel, too, when it came out... Big Grin
Tim Hatch   05-10-2004, 04:40 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:I'd buy it too. Nice little collector's item.

Me too. I think it's a great idea.
jpwynn   05-10-2004, 05:38 PM
I've read both the short story compilations and don't remember "The Long Way Home". Where can I find it?
This post was last modified: 05-10-2004, 05:39 PM by jpwynn.
Tim Hatch   05-10-2004, 05:52 PM
jpwynn Wrote:I've read both the short story compilations and don't remember "The Long Way Home". Where can I find it?

That one is in _Dark at Heart_ published by Dark Harvest in 1992 (edited by Karen and Joe Lansdale).
Pages (2): 1 2