Pages (4):    1 2 3 4
Bastard   05-18-2004, 03:39 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Their idea of a good western was Young Guns.

Scott

Now that's just plain sad...

Jake

:eek: "Who are you mister?"
:mad: "Jacob McCandles."
:eek: "Jacob McCandles?! I thought you was dead."
:mad: "Not hardly! The next man to say that, I'm gonna shoot, so help me." -- from Big Jake
jimbow8   05-18-2004, 04:41 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Good call, great movie from start to finish. I had a disappointing conversation with a bunch of people who had never seen BCATSK. Their idea of a good western was Young Guns.

Scott
Young Guns?!?! Arrgh !!! Shoot me now!!

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
nonsun blob a   05-29-2004, 10:05 PM
The name's Helsing. Van, Helsing.
Scott Hajek   05-29-2004, 11:53 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Young Guns?!?! Arrgh !!! Shoot me now!!

Hey, what's wrong with "Young Guns"? Now, "Young Guns 2"... that was a lousy movie.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Bastard   05-30-2004, 12:03 AM
Scott Hajek Wrote:Hey, what's wrong with "Young Guns"? Now, "Young Guns 2"... that was a lousy movie.

Young Guns was just a Brat-pack movie, thinly veiled as a western. As movies go, it was fine. As westerns go, it was terrible. Still, you gotta love Jack Palance as the bad guy.

--Jake

:eek: "Who are you mister?"
:mad: "Jacob McCandles."
:eek: "Jacob McCandles?! I thought you was dead."
:mad: "Not hardly! The next man to say that, I'm gonna shoot, so help me." -- from Big Jake
jimbow8   05-30-2004, 03:07 AM
Bastard Wrote:Young Guns was just a Brat-pack movie, thinly veiled as a western. As movies go, it was fine. As westerns go, it was terrible. Still, you gotta love Jack Palance as the bad guy.

--Jake
Pretty much my sentiments exactly.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4