Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5   
adorabl   11-22-2004, 12:28 AM
Hi

I am new to this forum and was shocked to learn that repairman jack is in Nightworld. Is that a series novel or does he just make an appearance in it? Sad to admit I haven't read all the f paul wilson books, but I have read some that do not feature jack.

This next part has nothing to do with the above.

After reading some remarks here about possible stars for a movie, I realized that I had an opinion about it. This may be hard to find but he must be someone who looks both ordinary and quite good looking at the same time, at least on second glance. The thing is he doesn't want anyone to take a second glance.

Having said all this, it's probably impossible. I just hope they don't make another Remo Williams film. That was CRAP, if you pardon my french. However, the guy who played that (who is definitely too old now) would have made a perfect Repairman Jack. That's the type of actor they need.

Also a tv series would probably just turn into another equalizer and no one could ever convince me jack is an equalizer.

In fact I am totally surprised that the author is risking a movie on this series, although generally bad movies do not risk sales of series books, such as the aforementioned Remo Williams or even the multi failed attempts of the Spenser novels.

Not sure why age 26 is a max point but an idea for jack might be the guy who stars in Stargate Atlantis as Major Sheppard.

Wow that was a lot for my first time.
Maggers   11-22-2004, 12:32 AM
adorabl Wrote:Hi

I am new to this forum and was shocked to learn that repairman jack is in Nightworld. Is that a series novel or does he just make an appearance in it? Sad to admit I haven't read all the f paul wilson books, but I have read some that do not feature jack.

After reading some remarks here about possible stars for a movie, I realized that I had an opinion about it. This may be hard to find but he must be someone who looks both ordinary and quite good looking at the same time, at least on second glance. The thing is he doesn't want anyone to take a second glance.

Having said all this, it's probably impossible. I just hope they don't make another Remo Williams film. That was CRAP, if you pardon my french. However, the guy who played that (who is definitely too old now) would have made a perfect Repairman Jack. That's the type of actor they need.

Also a tv series would probably just turn into another equalizer and no one could ever convince me jack is an equalizer.

In fact I am totally surprised that the author is risking a movie on this series, although generally bad movies do not risk sales of series books, such as the aforementioned Remo Williams or even the multi failed attempts of the Spenser novels.

Not sure why age 26 is a max point but an idea for jack might be the guy who stars in Stargate Atlantis as Major Sheppard.

Hi, adorabl, and welcome to the board. It's a fun place. If you haven't read the Adversary Cycle, by all means, get yourself THE KEEP, THE TOUCH, REBORN, REPRISAL, and NIGHTWORD and be prepared to have your world rocked!

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Kenji   11-22-2004, 08:14 AM

Welcome to the board, adorabl. Have a enjoy your reading. Wink
the Oracle   11-22-2004, 03:46 PM

Welcome to the pleasure dome!

Wasn't Fred Ward the guy who played Remo Williams?? He was also very good in Miami Blues (excellent B film). Funny you should mention him, because he is EXACTLY who I thought should play the cop (can't remember his name... Was it Reny?) from Reprisal that has been chasing Bill for 5 years!

Author of "Survivor" - http://www.vaughnripley.com

"Adventure is worthwile in itself."
—Amelia Earhart
jamedog   11-24-2004, 12:08 PM

welcome to the board from one junoir member to another. Who do you think would be the best actor for Jack? I definately think that if the Repairman Jack film is a success then the whole adversary cycle should be made into a movie(Starting with a remake of The Keep)
stacyzinda123   11-24-2004, 01:11 PM
jamedog Wrote:welcome to the board from one junoir member to another. Who do you think would be the best actor for Jack? I definately think that if the Repairman Jack film is a success then the whole adversary cycle should be made into a movie(Starting with a remake of The Keep)

I don't know about making all the AC/RJ books into movies. I really doubt movies would be able to do the books justice. There have been countless movie adaptations of books that I've been disappointed by, and only a couple I've liked. I'm looking forward to the RJ movie, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.
the Oracle   11-24-2004, 02:38 PM
stacyzinda123 Wrote:I don't know about making all the AC/RJ books into movies. I really doubt movies would be able to do the books justice. There have been countless movie adaptations of books that I've been disappointed by, and only a couple I've liked. I'm looking forward to the RJ movie, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.
True! Except for the Shining (which I think Jack made), look at Stephen Kings adaptations...

YUCK!

—Amelia Earhart
jimbow8   11-24-2004, 02:45 PM
the Oracle Wrote:True! Except for the Shining (which I think Jack made), look at Stephen Kings adaptations...

YUCK!
See, now, I dislike Kubrick's The Shining.

However, I love The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
the Oracle   11-24-2004, 02:58 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:See, now, I dislike Kubrick's The Shining.

Fogot about Shawshank... That was awesome... And, Stand By Me is another favorite of mine...

But, what did you think about:
Salem's Lot, It, Pet Cemetary, Sometimes They Come Back, Firestarter, etc...

Mediocre at best IMHO.

—Amelia Earhart
stacyzinda123   11-24-2004, 03:20 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:See, now, I dislike Kubrick's The Shining.

I also loved the Green Mile an The Shawshank Redemption. Both great movies. I stopped reading Stephen King by the time the Green Mile came out, so I haven't actually read it. I did read The Shawshank Redemption and didn't really care for it.
Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5