Sam   02-01-2005, 10:34 PM
This is a new show on the Comedy Central where 4 contestants are asked 5 simple/trick/semi-tough questions during 3 rounds each round having a different type of distraction. The player with the least points in a round is eliminated until only one player is left. That player must then answer 5 questions to get their prize(s).

The catch...

In each round the contestants are faced with distractions that make it difficult to answer quickly and correctly. For example, in order to "buzz in" first you have to down a shot of hot sauce, then slam the glass down. Doesn't sound too rough but 11 questions were asked in the round so some of them did 11 shots of hot sauce. In another episode, the player's buzzer was wired to a chair that shocked their mother whenever they buzzed in. In order for the last person left to get his prize(s) they run the risk of destroying their awards via wrong answers.

I've only caught 2 episodes so far but it's been very entertaining.

http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_shows/distraction/

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
KRW   02-01-2005, 11:23 PM
Sam Wrote:This is a new show on the Comedy Central where 4 contestants are asked 5 simple/trick/semi-tough questions during 3 rounds each round having a different type of distraction. The player with the least points in a round is eliminated until only one player is left. That player must then answer 5 questions to get their prize(s).

The catch...

In each round the contestants are faced with distractions that make it difficult to answer quickly and correctly. For example, in order to "buzz in" first you have to down a shot of hot sauce, then slam the glass down. Doesn't sound too rough but 11 questions were asked in the round so some of them did 11 shots of hot sauce. In another episode, the player's buzzer was wired to a chair that shocked their mother whenever they buzzed in. In order for the last person left to get his prize(s) they run the risk of destroying their awards via wrong answers.

I've only caught 2 episodes so far but it's been very entertaining.

http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_shows/distraction/

I don't mean to sound down about this, but some people will do anything. I guess that's why it makes it so fun to watch! Big Grin

KRW
Scott Hajek   02-02-2005, 11:43 AM
The show is hilarious! The hot sauce I could do. The clothespins on the face, well, that would be tough. Answering questions while being tossed around by a professional wrestler, would be darn near impossible.

The host also has some great one-liners and insults for the contestants.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]