Pages (16):    1 7 8 9 10 11 16   
Kenji   01-21-2005, 08:58 PM
Gerald Rice Wrote:I think Aishwarya Rai is even better:

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/1996...0Aishwarya

Wow!..................................(too stunning. I can't say anything)
Flinx   01-22-2005, 02:11 AM
the Oracle Wrote:Josh Hartnett would be very COo.oOL

-Rip
I agree.

Just finished watching him in "Blow Dry".
Peter   01-22-2005, 08:25 PM
I have said it before and I will no doubt keep saying it until I bore you all to death but THIS (to my mind) is Jack! And he is a fine actor too, older than 30 though......
dejo   01-22-2005, 08:59 PM
Gerald Rice Wrote:I think Aishwarya Rai is even better:

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/1996...0Aishwarya

With the filming taking place in Shanghai and the backstory being altered accordingly, shouldn't we be considering Asian actors for those two roles?
RepairmanJackFan   01-24-2005, 01:18 AM
Does the actor HAVE to be 26 yrs old? How many older actors are playing much younger parts?

my aunt actually introduced me to Jack to begin with, now I am a huge fan!

I am new to the boards, but when I read The Tomb, Edward Norton came to mind as my perfect Repairman Jack.

No one can convince me of any of these new, younger, hipper actors being a better Jack, than Edward could.
ccosborne3   01-24-2005, 01:45 AM
RepairmanJackFan Wrote:I am new to the boards,

Glad to have you RJF.

All my aunts ever gave me was socks and undies. Sad
nijimeijer   01-24-2005, 01:56 AM
dejo Wrote:With the filming taking place in Shanghai and the backstory being altered accordingly, shouldn't we be considering Asian actors for those two roles?

Well, yes, but we're fans of the book, and it's hard for us to wrap our brains around something else. Stubborn, we are! Arrr!

What about Dominic West? He doesn't really look the part. But I love him in The Wire.

Throughout our history there are those ghosts
Compelled to illustrate our dreams and hopes
Victors hang in pictures, losers from ropes.
Regardless they all swing in the same boat.
Maggers   01-24-2005, 03:18 AM
nijimeijer Wrote:Well, yes, but we're fans of the book, and it's hard for us to wrap our brains around something else. Stubborn, we are! Arrr!

What about Dominic West? He doesn't really look the part. But I love him in The Wire.

I like Dominic West a lot, too, but his a Brit and his accent bleeds through every now and again. But I do love him in "The Wire."

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

dejo   01-24-2005, 06:07 AM
nijimeijer Wrote:Well, yes, but we're fans of the book, and it's hard for us to wrap our brains around something else. Stubborn, we are! Arrr!

Well, we better not be too stubborn or we are not going to get enough enjoyment out of the movie, if and when it's ever made and released. For sure, there are going to be some things changed that not everyone agrees with. That's inherent in the nature of converting a well-written novel into a screenplay, choices by the director, etc. I hope they don't make major changes that cause us fans sleepless nights but if the change of location and backstory are okay with The Man, then we need to learn to be okay with it as well.
Kenji   01-24-2005, 09:44 AM
RepairmanJackFan Wrote:Does the actor HAVE to be 26 yrs old? How many older actors are playing much younger parts?

my aunt actually introduced me to Jack to begin with, now I am a huge fan!

I am new to the boards, but when I read The Tomb, Edward Norton came to mind as my perfect Repairman Jack.

No one can convince me of any of these new, younger, hipper actors being a better Jack, than Edward could.

Welcome to board, RepairmanJackFan..........hm? wait a minute. We are all Repairman Jack Fan! Big Grin

Anyway, have a enjoy your reading. Wink
Pages (16):    1 7 8 9 10 11 16